? For weave and pony wearers

MizAvalon

Ladies, I know we have all been here. I haven't worn a weave in a few years, a ponytail even longer, but I might get a pony just for days when I can't be bothered. I am past bra-strap now, but wear my hair in a boring bun almost all of the time. I was telling my girlfriend a few weeks ago that I was going to get a cute one to wear sometimes and she says "Why, you have all that hair?" When I wore weaves it was, "Your hair is just as long as the weave, why do you keep getting them?" Arrgghhh! /images/graemlins/angry2.gif Why don't people get that wearing fake hair isn't always about trying to make your hair appear longer? That a ponytail with my OWN hair is not going to hold up in 95 degree weather like a fake one will? Does anyone else experience this dumb stuff? People get on my nerves. /images/graemlins/whyme.gif

i like wearing weaves for the purpose of being able to change up my hair texture or color when i feel, and have it be temporary. its also nice to have a break from the heat and having to style my hair every day.

[ QUOTE ]
Ladies, I know we have all been here. I haven't worn a weave in a few years, a ponytail even longer, but I might get a pony just for days when I can't be bothered. I am past bra-strap now, but wear my hair in a boring bun almost all of the time. I was telling my girlfriend a few weeks ago that I was going to get a cute one to wear sometimes and she says "Why, you have all that hair?" When I wore weaves it was, "Your hair is just as long as the weave, why do you keep getting them?" Arrgghhh! /images/graemlins/angry2.gif Why don't people get that wearing fake hair isn't always about trying to make your hair appear longer? That a ponytail with my OWN hair is not going to hold up in 95 degree weather like a fake one will? Does anyone else experience this dumb stuff? People get on my nerves. /images/graemlins/whyme.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a recovering "weave queen"...and I would always get comments from people who know me and know what my real hair looks like. Questions like "Your hair's not short--why are you wearing fake hair?" haha My ex boyfriend even asked once "How do fit all your hair underneath?".... I think it's just a long standing myth that if you wear fake hair that you must be NEED fake hair--and I think that's probably less the case then most! Because most women that I know that wear fake ponytails or weaves on the regular--it has caused their real hair to grow tremendously and be healthy. haha /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yes, I have people ask me why also. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif I just explain that it's something quick and different. ITA, it helps when you don't feel like doing your hair or when you want to make sure that your hair will look nice despite weather.

people ask me that as well, my friend said to me the other day..i hope u dont weave your hair anymore..
i said well keep that hope alive cause i will be weaving it up next week..whats wrong with adding a little haor extension for some spice or for protection?

Back