For those who weave...

kally

How do you take care of your hair while it is in the weave? Also how do you wash it your hair?

I have decided to give the weave a try for my protective style. I am tring to do research, but not having to much luck on other sites. Thanks.

Also how do you seal the weave. I read somewhere that you should seal the weft before you cut it, what is meant by that. TIA.

I wash my hair once a week in the weave, and use a braid spray on the tracks. As far as sealing it, I've never done this. BHM has a good thread about sealing wefts if you go to the sticky thread on the Weave section.

OK thank you so much. Another member directed me over there. My search does not work over there. I will have to look for the sticky, because I posted a question about all of this over there and have yet to hear a response.

Off to look for the sticky.

Yup BHM is more detailed on weaves, LFs. I'm doing a modified Crown & glory with weaves this year. I wash with Profective? mousse shampoo after leaving ORS Replenishing on overnight. I target my hair by parting the tracks. Rinse well. I alternate applying OCT and WGO every night on my scalp and spray my own hair with VO5 Miracle mist

How do you take care of your hair while it is in the weave? While im wearing a weave I wash and deep condition my hair once a week, if im using a growth aid and once every other week if im not. I dilute my shampoo and apply directly to the braids and gently message rinse, apply dc to braids and weave, put on my plastic cap and go about my business. next i make sure to rinse well, raise each track and let the water run. I then apply braid spray mix, to braids try to avoid weave. I may apply cantu leave in(for curly hair) or dove sheer moisture to straight hair never oil because it will weigh it down then I sit under dry to make sure braids are dry. I try to moisturize my hair at least once a day with my braid spray mix, and I apply my Mega tek mix every other night.

I have decided to give the weave a try for my protective style. I am tring to do research, but not having to much luck on other sites. Thanks.

Also how do you seal the weave. I read somewhere that you should seal the weft before you cut it, what is meant by that. TIA.
Sealing the weft is simply applying a fabric sealer like Fray block, fray stop, you can find at any fabric store or at wal mart in the fabric isle(thats where i got mines). You apply a thin strip to the weft on each side, making sure it gets into the weft so that when the weft cut or comb you lose less hair. But you must read the package to determine how long it will take to dry and to cure. I think Fray block only took 30mins to dry, didnt say anything about curing but I waited 72 hours before i got it wet to be on the safe side. HTH
Yea BHM has the low down on all your weave questions, under the weave link select the newbie weave 101 link it has everything from vendor to braid patterns!!!!!! Good luck:yep:

ladies, are you supposed to seal BSS hair too? I'm looking to buy Outre Disco Curl (like $40 per pack) does this need to be sealed?

Back