For those who wear wigs:

Russet

Hey y'all, so I have been PS'ing under synthetic half wigs and want to get rid of that wig smell they tend to carry. Since it's a syn wig, I am scared to spray anything on it since it may poof up, or tangle, idk. What are you all using to hide that funky smell? It's not TOO bad, but it def. does not smell pleasant.

TIA

I spray mine with Parvenu T-Tree Braid Spray. Not only does it detangle the hair pretty well, but it also leaves a nice, fresh scent. I've used ON's (Organic Natural) wig sprays and I really like the Orange Mandarin one. When my wig was smelling kind of funky, it got rid of the smell very well. Hope this helps! :)

Thanks so much!, I'm definitely going to get one. I was afraid of using anything oily bcause I didnt want the wig to look too shiny

[USER]Russet [/USER]I use a product called Hair Shots. http://www.hairshots.com/ I have the Asian Green scent and it smells so good!

I looked at the site and didn't know they had all those scents. I'm going to look into the Apple Pear, Cupcake, and Cotton Candy.

Last edited:
The thing with wigs is that they absorb alll odours. And I have a thing where my hair needs to always smell good.

So I do something a little different. Fabric softener sheets. You know the ones that go in the dryer. Well I just rub my halfwigs down with that, or tear them up over my halfwig (to let off a fresh-smelling dust). This also reduces the wig shine :yep:

I always wash and condition my units before I wear them. I use the SoftSheen Carson Weave Care line. I usually leave the conditioner on for a 30 minutes or so before washing it out.

I'm not bothered by the smell of wigs, they smell like baby doll hair to me. :look::lol:
The only product(s) I use on my wigs are s-curl no drip spray or brecks kids detangler spray, I use them to tame any frizzies not really for the scent

Back