For those who wear weaves....

InsertCleverNameHere

How long do you keep it in?

I'm allergic to something in human hair weaves but I'm going to try it one more time and do an acv rinse on the hair first as someone suggested...Either that or get a synthetic weave...

So how long do you keep it in? I really want to start keeping a weave in for a month at a time...My hair is starting to really bother me and I'm getting the itch to wear it out all the time!!!!

Well, I'm transitioning with a sew-in (curly weave) and I ususally keep it in anywhere from 2-3 weeks. Maybe I'm allergic? Because after just three days I get an uncontrolable itch which leads me to washing my hair. The washing and rosemary spritz usually help out a lot, though. This is really helping me retain length because they're NO manipulation and my edges are covered so there's no need for flaky gels and brushes. What kind of weave are you considering?

i left my last weave in for about a month. i dont like to leave extensions of any sort in for much longer..

I want a curly sew-in weave. The last times I tried weave my hair came out by the clumps. I've never had that problem with synthetic hair, thought I've never had a synthetic weave..only braided extensions and wigs.

i usually wear my weaves for about 4-6 weeks. I wear both synthetic and human it doesn't matter I just have to like it. In my opinion it think synthetic hair holds up better and has alot less maintenance than human hair.

I was just wondering if you thought about wearing ponytails using the plastic baggie method? My friend is allergic to weaves also and she finds this method to be very helpful.

I haven't worn one in a couple of years, but I used to keep mine in for a couple of months at a time.

i usually leave mine in for like 4 weeks. but now that ihjave inidan remi hair(the good stuff) im gonna go for 6-8 weeks, take down, deep condition..and braid it weave it back up!

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it was the way the weave was put in? I know I had braids once that were too tight and it caused major breakage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah they weren't tight and my head look straight diseased when I took it out. Also I had a human hair weave ponytail one time and the parts that touched my scalp cause my scalp to break out in a red ichy rash.

[ QUOTE ]
I was just wondering if you thought about wearing ponytails using the plastic baggie method? My friend is allergic to weaves also and she finds this method to be very helpful.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually have my phony pony on with a baggie right now!!! I can wear synthetic hair for some reason. I don't know what the heck it is that they put in the real hair.

Back