For Those Who Wash Every 7-10 Days...

LaShanne

What do you do during the week to maintain your styles? I've stalked alot of our long haired members fotki's and the consensus is that they wash their hair every week or so. So, now I'm trying to apply low maintenence techniques. I've cut out mid-week co-washes, I air-dry and I do braidouts on Sunday hoping they'll last thru the week. But by Wed/Thurs my hair looks terrible and I dont know how to freshen it up w/out co-washing. I dont want to manipulate it but what can i do?:perplexed

Have you tried an up-do? Buns, French rolls, or phony ponies are nice styling alternatives...and protective! HTH :)

I rollerset and wrap my hair and wear it down for a few days. If it starts to look oily or droop, or if it rains, I'll just bun it until I wash again.

And if it's getting close to touch up time, I always have a bun. I'll hardly ever wear my hair out after about 7 or 8 weeks.

I agree with asubeauty. I roller wrap and that usually lasts about 4 days and then I wear a bun until its time to wash. I do sometimes co-wash if I need my hair to look nice for an event.

I guess I'll pull it back in a bun, then:(. i REALLY need to perfect some new styles. I dont think I have the right shaped face for a bun. I be lookin' rough around 8 wks post relaxer:lol:

seeminglysweet said:
I agree with asubeauty. I roller wrap and that usually lasts about 4 days and then I wear a bun until its time to wash. I do sometimes co-wash if I need my hair to look nice for an event.

ITA. Even though I do mid week wash from time to time. But anything with my hair up, I go with it. Buns mostly.

Lonei washes every 3 weeks and her hair is gorgeous! You may want to check out her album for her regimen. I do know she rollersets and is able to keep her curls for a long time.:)

I wash my hair every weekend (usually on Sunday). For the past few months, I have been rollersetting my hair after washing it. To keep my style maintained, I wrap my hair every night with a silk scarf. If my curls fall out, which is usually day 4, I may roll my dry hair with about 6 rollers (I do not comb my hair until I wash it with conditioner, I finger comb only). HTH

I wash every two weeks or every 12 days depending on my schedule. My hair stays in a ponytail most of the time. I don't do anything special to keep it fresh. Maybe you could try a roller set. To me they are easier to keep looking good than braid-outs. The curls just look better and better as the days go on. Braid-outs for me don't last but a few days so there's no way I could go two weeks with them.

To keep curls the ENTIRE week of a rollerset (if it's curls you want), pincurl sections around your fingers and secure with a clip each night.

I do this, and my curls do not flatten or fall for at least a week.

I've strated using Aussie Dual Personality mousse and leave in conditioner and lOVE IT!!

http://www.aussie.com/products/shell.asp?pid=f4

I revive the curls with leave in conditioner every morning and if I need to I'll wet the ends of the hair a little with water on my hands. Just scrunch it a little to take out creases and bended curls.
Then 99% of the time I'll put my hair in a pony tail and clip down the frizzy front.
Sometimes I flatten the front of my hair with a scarf, and make sure the hair is moist first.
I dread my washing day even though the process isn't that bad, but I'm lazy so... :lol:

Isis said:
Lonei washes every 3 weeks and her hair is gorgeous! You may want to check out her album for her regimen. I do know she rollersets and is able to keep her curls for a long time.:)

Thanks Babe, you know yours is wonderful too! Yeah, Isis is right, I normally just wear it in some type of clip so its not on my back or two big pincurls at the back or loads of little pin curls. I wear it down on the weekend if I'm going out, try and experiment with different styles!

Back