FOR THOSE WHO USE CASTOR OIL.....

MRJ1972

What type did you purchase?? I went to a health store yesterday and saw one brand which said it was cold pressed, another said oil pressed??? I didnt know what to buy???

I intend to use it to thicken my hair.

The only brand that I have seen mentioned on the board was the Jamaican black...Which brands do you use? Can they be purchased on line?

Thanks!

Jamaican Black Castor Oil..................I purchased from honeyfig.com (because there were other items on the website that I wanted, there may be other online stores that have it cheaper)

What type did you purchase?? I went to a health store yesterday and saw one brand which said it was cold pressed, another said oil pressed??? I didnt know what to buy???

I intend to use it to thicken my hair.

The only brand that I have seen mentioned on the board was the Jamaican black...Which brands do you use? Can they be purchased on line?

Thanks!
bought the one from wal-mart, also...castor oil will grow your hair really quick...i heat it up and apply to my scalp with cotton balls...used this and olive oil on my hair for hot oil treatments all my life...castor oil thickens, while olive oil grows hair for me...good choice.

I have the now brand castor oil and then i have one i bought at cvs in the laxative section. To me there is no differnce between the two.

I use the Jamaican Black Castor Oil by Tropic Isle which I get from a health food store...sams247.com (I think that's the website) that sells it but it's expensive on the site.

The one I have is: The Palma Christi Pure Cold Pressed. I bought it at a Health Food Store in the Beauty Section. $4.69 for 4oz.

I have used the JB but I didnt like the smell of it so I purchased the kind from the laxative section in the drugstore and it is thick so I use it at night and after I apply it to my hair I then put water on my hair and push it put my scarf on and when I wake up in the a.m. my hair is so SOFT.. love love love it.. but I have to use water with it so my hair wont feel sticky

The one I have is: The Palma Christi Pure Cold Pressed. I bought it at a Health Food Store in the Beauty Section. $4.69 for 4oz.

I have this kind too. I seal my ends with it. The goal is daily, but really it happens when I end up thinking about it, lol. Makes for thick, lush ends when I seal before I rollerset :yep:!

I would like to experiment with putting it in my conditioner but I'm a bit afraid itmay weigh my hair down b/c its so thick :ohwell:.

I used cold pressed castor oil. WildKat it doesn't weigh my hair down and I put it in my conditioner for every DC. I like it because my hair always seems more moisturized when I do this.

I have been using the Haitian L'huile Masketi Castor for 2 Months now and I like it better than the JBCO and Walmart brand.
The Haitian castor oil is not as greasy the others but it stinks and smell like bacon and gives better results.{thickness)
I hide the smell with Aqualina Pink Sugar hair perfume which works great and smells like cotton candy.

Back