For those who use carrot oil...

NoNapNique

3 questions:

Have you noticed marked difference in breakage?

If so, how long after using it did it take before you noticed less breakage?

Does anyone know HOW it stops breakage? (ex: like how protein hardens the hair to make it stronger)

I havent used the liquid carrot oil in years so i cant remember if it had protein in it or not. But i'm using hollywood carrot creme now and i have used ors carrot oil in the past and both contain protein L-cystine, hydrolyzed keratin & arginine. When i run out of hollywood carrot creme i think i'm going back to ors cuz i remember it was oiler. Proclaim (sally's) makes a carrot creme also but i have not tried it...yet. :) oh, to answer your questions, it took about 3 applications for me to notice a difference on my ends. I brush it in with my bbb. I think externally, protein bonds to the shaft of the hair esp in weak or damaged areas holding it together like glue or cement. I forgot to say both hollywood & ors contain horsetail (silica).

Last edited:
foxybrownsugar said:
I havent used the liquid carrot oil in years so i cant remember if it had protein in it or not. But i'm using hollywood carrot creme now and i have used ors carrot oil in the past and both contain protein L-cystine, hydrolyzed keratin & arginine. When i run out of hollywood carrot creme i think i'm going back to ors cuz i remember it was oiler. Proclaim (sally's) makes a carrot creme also but i have not tried it...yet. :) oh, to answer your questions, it took about 3 applications for me to notice a difference on my ends. I brush it in with my bbb. I think externally, protein bonds to the shaft of the hair esp in weak or damaged areas holding it together like glue or cement. I forgot to say both hollywood & ors contain horsetail (silica).

Sally's Proclaim also makes a FANTASTIC carrot oil mixed with some other oils that I love, but since last summer I haven't been able to find it. That stuff made my hair soft like no other. I'm so upset I can't find it anymore! :wallbash:

Hi Candita, thanx for your review on proclaim. Im going to try it in the future. I noticed that products vary depending on the sally's that i visit. Maybe, the sally's you visited wasn't selling alot of it so they don't order it. I looked online and they still carry it. It's item #631085, i wish they sold their products online. You can probably ask the clerk or manager about ordering it for you or maybe they can call another sally's in your city that has it in stock. hth

foxybrownsugar said:
Hi Candita, thanx for your review on proclaim. Im going to try it in the future. I noticed that products vary depending on the sally's that i visit. Maybe, the sally's you visited wasn't selling alot of it so they don't order it. I looked online and they still carry it. It's item #631085, i wish they sold their products online. You can probably ask the clerk or manager about ordering it for you or maybe they can call another sally's in your city that has it in stock. hth

thanks foxybrownsugar, maybe I will try calling to see if they can order it or find it at a diff branch. My roommate and I tried 3 Sally's in the area but couldn't find it (the sad thing is we used a rental car for our mission and spent half a day looking :lachen: )

I have used carrot oil and carrot oil cream by ORS and I would say a month I noticed a difference, but I also braiding it at night and moisterize the ends. ORS contains Horsetail (natural source of sulfur and silica), nettle, and beta-carotene. I think Beta-carotene generates new hair and skin cells.

With that being said carrots are your friend. I blend carrot juice a few times a week as a supplement. They are good for the skin overall and great for preventing breakage. HTH

Welcome fellow newbie!!! I use Africa's Best Carrot Tea Tree Oil. The first ingredients are: soybean oil, carrot oil, tea tree oil, jojoba oil and safflower oil. Carrots have beta-carotene which is good for you all over. Jojoba oil best mimics our natural scalp oil. Tea tree oil cleans. I use this as a pre shampoo treatment - I spritz my hair with warm water, liberally apply the oil and cover with a plastic cap. Ideally I like to leave it on for at least 2 hours. My 4a/4b coarse hair comes out soft and manageable!

Enjoy your hair journey:grin: :grin:

Back