For those Who Transitioned for 1 Year + then Big Chopped

stephluvshair

Hey ladies. I am really grateful for the support and encouragement to go natural on this board. My sister thinks I'm crazy and always doing stupid stuff to my my hair. I am currently 23 weeks post and and an inch above BSL. I would like to BC when my hair is at least SL stretched. I dont want to deal with really short hair.

Question: For ladies that transitioned for over a year how long was it before you made full SL? 12, 16, or 24 months into your transition? Thanks

I transitioned for 17 months, at the back layer, I was SL by the time I chopped. Just bout.

when i chopped, i was somewhere between nl and sl. i chopped at 12 months. another 4-6 months and i probably would have been full sl.

The picture in my avatar is my hair after 2 years and 9 months of no relaxer.

(Of course I realized later on that as I was gradually cutting it myself, I may have been cutting some of the growth off in the back - it grows straight in the back and I thought that was relaxed hair I was cutting off):ohwell:

I cut gradually every few months over the course of my transition.

Hope that helps.

BB

^^^ I LOVE YOUR HAIR and PROGRESS! I like the idea of transitioning that long because it seems like it would be easier to retain length if my natural hair is well over the SL/APL hump when I cut. If I make it throught the summer with no scissors I can at least make it to december (29 months). Your hair is just inspiring.

Back