For those who have had sew in weaves..

syoulee1

I am thinking about getting a sew-in weave. I am ordering the hair from his & her. Just wondering how many bags did you use?

TIA

Well really it depends on the size of your head and how much hair your plaining on leaving out to cover the tracks. I have a picture of a sew-in weave in my album. I think I only used one bag of hair, but I usually buy two anyway to play its safe.

I also have a few questions for those who have had sew in weaves... I'm thinking about getting one around May for my college graduation, and I'd like to know if the braids that the weave is sewn on is noticeable (i.e., gives it a bulky, bumpy look)?

Also @ syoulee1, is there a website for his & her?

Thanks

I had a sewn in weave several years ago. The man who did mine did it so well it was never noticeable. Unfortunately the weaves started to thin my hair out so I stopped getting them.

Netta, I saw your natural weave pics, and I think you & your hair are beautiful! Did you hire a photographer for those pics? I think they're classy!!
smile.gif

thanks!!! The pictures of me with the sewn-in weave were from a model photo shoot, and they were done by a professional.

[ QUOTE ]
andreamaria said:
I also have a few questions for those who have had sew in weaves... I'm thinking about getting one around May for my college graduation, and I'd like to know if the braids that the weave is sewn on is noticeable (i.e., gives it a bulky, bumpy look)?

Also @ syoulee1, is there a website for his & her?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

the website is hisandher.com
I am using the zigzag hair
smile.gif

On my head, I use two. But I did one on my mother's head recently, and she only required one, although I had two. I took a few peices from the second batch to cover in any spots left bare. I'm using the rest of the hair for my ponytail.
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
syoulee1 said:

the website is hisandher.com
I am using the zigzag hair
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! The website has the exact textured hair I'm looking for!! Oooh, the zigzag is nice! I browsed for a lil' bit, and I'm getting the kinky straight (50% Italian Mink Kinky)...

which brings me to my next question. Is the length determined by measuring from the actual wefted/track part to the end? I ask because I'm trying to get it to the mid of my back - actually past my brastrap. If that's the case, I determined 16 - 18" at the top and 12 - 14" in the back...

What are/were the lengths of your sew-ins?

Back