For those who do not have a perm, how do you control your kitchens??!

CarmelCupcake

Hey ladies! My kitchens( aka knapps/frizzies in the back) are so annoying!! Do any of you have any suggestions?! Thanks!

LOL What do you want your nape to do (curl, be smooth, etc)? Is your nape preventing you from wearing certain styles? Have you tried any creamy gels for the frizz?

I just moisturize and oil the area, just like I do with the rest of my head. To stretch my hair, I dry in braids; that smoothes the area out for buns and other updos.

LOL What do you want your nape to do (curl, be smooth, etc)? Is your nape preventing you from wearing certain styles? Have you tried any creamy gels for the frizz?

I just moisturize and oil the area, just like I do with the rest of my head. To stretch my hair, I dry in braids; that smoothes the area out for buns and other updos.

i guess i just wish that my napes would just stay straight like the rest of the hair on my head.

a thick hair butter(Palm Tapioca Deluxe Hair Cream) and a scarf

a slick pomade(hicks transformations smooth edges or Curls Passion Fruit Curl Control Paste) and a scarf

Weird my nape is very straight with just a dab of Shea Butter. It's like the outer layer of my hair is a finer texture but when you look in the inside :shocked:

Oh, ok! You wear your hair straight. There was a thread a long time ago when posters recommended hot combing your nape to keep it as straight as your flat ironed or roller-set hair. Have you tried that method already?

Oh, ok! You wear your hair straight. There was a thread a long time ago when posters recommended hot combing your nape to keep it as straight as your flat ironed or roller-set hair. Have you tried that method already?

Yes, the only thing is that my hair reverts after a couple of days. :ohwell: Thank you though!:yep:

pomade or gel + toothbrush + scarf

The bristles on a toothbrush will catch short hairs better than a full sized brush.

I really don't have a kitchen. The back of my hair/nape is the same length as the rest of the back of my hair. My hair is about APL or longer. I haven't measured it.

But, if you have problems with frizziness then you need more or better moisturizing. Try deep conditioning and keeping your hair moisturized with a good moisturizer.

My nape really balls up when it's dry. I usually keep it moisturized with a water-based leave in, oil and a some fantasia IC gel and brush it. Usually good to go. However if your hair reverts quickly, maybe try a scarf with these are someone before me suggested.

I have this same issue from always shaving it off to now finally growing it out it's only about 2 inches long, since I'm hiding my natural hair till feb I try to keep down styles and if in a ponytail I put a big band around my hair.

I don't really use any product. A brush seems to blend the coiled up hairs with the rest of my hair.

See them knots at the hairline in the front (bottom left-hand photo)?
CurlformersFirstAttempt-vi.jpg

Well, these are the same cornrows after I'd brushed the edges and then baggied my hair for the night. Brushing made them blend in with the cornrows and moisture from baggying brought shrinkage that made them lie down:
InterestingAfroPuffOct2008-vi.jpg

Here's a clearer photo that shows how my kitchen looks like when I don't do anything to the hair there--little peppercorn coils:
PressedHair61509-vi.jpg

This time I didn't baggy since my hair was straightened. I simply brushed it and voilà!:
IMG_4886-vi.jpg

One more example of the wonders of a brush:
October2008BunCake-vi.jpg

I have never used gel to try to lay my hair down. My hair was just moisturized with S Curl in that pic, I then combed it backward and used my hands to smooth it along with sliding a friendly elastic to hold puff in place. And then brused just the edges. I think having fine strands that don't resist makes it easier to do this.

Back