For Those Who Do BRAIDOUTS

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
<font color="red"> I just recently tried a braidout and it came out pretty good but my ends didnt hold a curl, my ends came out straight...I used magnetic rollers that were 1" in diameter on my ends (light green color).

What type of rollers do u put in your hair in order for the ends to have curl to it?
Should I use smaller magnetic rollers or perm rods? My hair is shoulder length so bigger rollers will not work.</font>

I make my own paper rollers like my mama taught us how to do back in the day.
wink.gif

Wow Carlie, I didn't think anyone still did that. My mom used to put those paper rollers in my hair on Sat. night for curls on Sun morn when I was small.

Poohbear, I use perm rods too. The grey ones.

scratchchin.gif
hmmm...i have different sizes in these satin sponge rollers I bought a few weeks ago...i could use the small size satin sponge rollers (a little under 3/4" inch in diameter)...im trying the braidout again tonite...hope it turns out decent tomorrow morning...

I use my Caruso rollers for a quick, moistured curl on the ends of my braidouts. It works pretty well.

I don't use any rollers at all. When I braid my hair at night, I tuck or pin the ends up. When I've worn my hair down with braidouts, it lasts all day.

I dont use any rollers at all either. I just "wrap" the individual braids agaist my head and by the morning when I let them loose I have a nice curve.

i use magnetic rollers, but i find that in order for the curls to last, i have to roll farther up the hair. in order to get the rollers to stay on, i use the small black rollers with large blue tops.

isis, i never thought of using the Caruso rollers. that will probably work. plus i wouldn't have to sleep in them...
scratchchin.gif

When I was transitioning, I used the bendable rollers. I can't think of the correct name for them right now, but they are long and you can bend them any way you choose.

Back