For those who can't afford a Pibbs Dryer...

SmartyPants

...try one of the ION dryers from Sally's.

I accidentally used my old tabletop dryer as a basketball so I had to get a new one.

I coughed up the extra ten bucks ($44) to get an ION dryer instead of another Gold 'N Hot.

My hair retains water and it would take me 1.5-2 hours to get my hair completely dry with my old Gold 'N Hot. The new ION (one of the blue ones not the pink) gets my hair completely dry in 45 mins. That thing gets so hot I actually have to turn it down to medium for the last 15 mins and then put it on cool for 5 mins after my hair is dry so I can cool off my head.

My hair is about an inch from full shoulder length (when dry--it is shoulder length when wet) so this may not work for folks with hair down to their butt. But, I think it should work fine for people who are APL to BSB.

I have the pink one. It takes about 1.5 hours to dry my APL rollersets on purple/red rollers.

There's always one section that doesnt dry, or else it would only take an hour. However, I have a big head, and can't use all gray rollers because it won't fit, so be careful, guys.

Last edited:
...try one of the ION dryers from Sally's.

I accidentally used my old tabletop dryer as a basketball so I had to get a new one.

I coughed up the extra ten bucks ($44) to get an ION dryer instead of another Gold 'N Hot.

My hair retains water and it would take me 1.5-2 hours to get my hair completely dry with my old Gold 'N Hot. The new ION (one of the blue ones not the pink) gets my hair completely dry in 45 mins. That thing gets so hot I actually have to turn it down to medium for the last 15 mins and then put it on cool for 5 mins after my hair is dry so I can cool off my head.

My hair is about an inch from full shoulder length (when dry--it is shoulder length when wet) so this may not work for folks with hair down to their butt. But, I think it should work fine for people who are APL to BSB.

Hehehe, I'm still trying to get past THAT part! :lachen:

I'm SL and I love my pink one. DH says that my weekly usage causes the electric bill to go up. I love those 1875 watts. My hair dries in about 45 mins on red rollers.

I used to have the pink one but the back of my hair still didn't dry. I can tell you that the dryer gets very hot. Do not put it on the highest setting. I don't think it is better than the Pibbs at all but it did dry my hair a little faster than my GoldnHot. I think it took about 2 hours to dry my hair under the Ion Pink Dryer.

Back