FOR THOSE THAT DO WASH AND GO'S

Wolftrap

FOR THOSE THAT DO WASH AND GO\'S

I'm posting this for a friend of mine that has natural type 2 hair. She usually gets her hair done at the Dominicans weekly but since it is so humid she has been wearing her hair in a wash and go style. She says her hair has been dry lately and she thinks it is from washing it daily in order to wear the curly style.

The question is what should she do to prevent this? Or is the wash and go style not a style to wear daily. I recommended conditioner washes instead of shampoo every morning but I may be wrong cause I don't wear my hair like this. She washes it and then puts mousse in it to keep it from being frizzy.

Re: FOR THOSE THAT DO WASH AND GO\'S

I'm not sure if I'm 100% correct because I haven't tried wash and gos yet but I read that after the first wash you put in whatever lotion or activator and leave it as is. For the next few days all she needs to do is get a spay bottle and scrunch her hair to get the curl/wave back in. Depending on the curl it can last for 3days to a week, so she wont have to wash her hair every day. At night too I think that she is supposed to pin up her hair so that she doest flatted her look to much. I hope this helps but check to see someone elses response just in case.

If her hair is dry, the daily shampooing may be adding to the problem.

I do wash and go's frequently, but I use conditioner to wash. On days that I don't "wash", I just spritz with water or a cocktail of various ingredients that I keep in a spray bottle. My hair is rarely frizzy, even if it's humid.

I think the mousse could be the problem...also the heavy usuage of shampoo...but moussing your hair every day can be drying...

she could also try a mousse that acts as a moisturizer as well...

I wash and go all the itme. I use conditioner though instead of shampoo. That shampoo is probably drying her hair plus the mousse. Perhaps she should try an anti frizz serum instead.

A good leave in like Aveda Elixir may prove to be helpful under those styling products

She does not have to wash it daily just to achieve a wash and go look. On the next day, she can refresh her hair with water and some leave-in...and maybe a little curl booster, but that's all.
smile.gif

It should be rinse and go instead of wash n go. when my hair is out- currently in cornrows. I rinse daily with water in the shower, apply my leave in and go. Maybe your friend should try this as an option.

smile.gif
My hair is naturally wavy, and I wear it up in a bun 95% of the time, I also have to use a flatiron to get it straight or have it wrapped...anyway when I wear my hair natural... I wash...I spray a little sta-flo activator or s-curl in my hair...then blot it with a towel to wipe any access drips away...after that at night I put a plastic cap on each night...I can wear it that way for a week or until my next wash.

smile.gif
Sgg31
smile.gif

A lot of mousse's have alcohol in them, so that may be the problem. Shampoo for me also takes away my natural curls because it's jsut too harsh. I would suggest conditioner washes and that may also eliminate her need to use a mousse for curl definition.

I agree with the other ladies. She should apply the leave in on very wet hair, not dry or mildy wet hair. Secondly, a non-alcohol solution is key. I was flaking for a day using Volumaxx styling gel. It was horrible. I would recommend Nexxus Humectruss. I just purchased Salerm's product called 'Wet Gel' and should have reviews later next week when I go back to the scrunched look.

- conditioner instead of shampoo
- she can wash every day, but she needs to use moisturizing styling products
- apply products on wet hair, then wrap with towel lightly (kills the frizz for me)

apply the products on very wet hair, i noticed that my hair doesnt respond very well if i towel squeeze and then apply products. if i do this, my hair is very dry at the end of the day.

If she wants a gentle, non-drying mousse, she should check out Pantene's mousse for curly hair.
smile.gif

Thanks for all the info ladies. I will let her know what she can do. Whether she will do it or not is another story. She was one of those that thought I was looney tunes when I told her I go on a hairboard. But lo and behold now who wants information from the the good ol hair board???? She said she uses Ms. Clairol mousse and then puts biosilk in her hair.

[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
apply the products on very wet hair, i noticed that my hair doesnt respond very well if i towel squeeze and then apply products. if i do this, my hair is very dry at the end of the day.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a very good point Ayeshia...towel drying can RUIN wash & go's. I never use towels on my hair period. If you really bothered by the dripping, it's better to use an old t-shirt to gently absorb excess water.
smile.gif

You can use the towel for scrunching as well (towel scrunching, I saw it on Motown girl's website
laugh.gif
), rather than using the towel to wring out all the water from your hair.
smile.gif

Back