For those that add SAA?

Lava27

How much do you add to conditioners? I was just going to add some to a portion of conditioner and not to the whole bottle, but I was interested in knowing the amounts that people where using.

SAA is silk amino acid LaidBak.

I only put SAA in my relaxer now. I find that it works better for me this way. I add about 2 tablespoons of it to about 8oz of relaxer along with 2 tablespoons of grapeseed or sweet almond oil if it's mild and 4 tablespoons each of SAA and oil to regular strength relaxer as well to reduce the relaxer's strength. I am trying to texlax my hair now:yep:.

Thanx for replies everyone! Now, I did all this cleaning this weekend and I can't find my little bottle...Drats! I've been searching since my post, and I'm so excited to use tonite!

I think the closest powder to saa is from nature with love's silk peptide powder. it works wonders. Be careful how you store it - the powder gets sticky if it gets damp, but it clumps if it gets too dry.

I think the closest powder to saa is from nature with love's silk peptide powder. it works wonders. Be careful how you store it - the powder gets sticky if it gets damp, but it clumps if it gets too dry.

Thanks for the heads up on the peptide powder newflowers. I was thinking about purchasing this but now I'm glad I didn't.

SAA is silk amino acid LaidBak.

I only put SAA in my relaxer now. I find that it works better for me this way. I add about 2 tablespoons of it to about 8oz of relaxer along with 2 tablespoons of grapeseed or sweet almond oil if it's mild and 4 tablespoons each of SAA and oil to regular strength relaxer as well to reduce the relaxer's strength. I am trying to texlax my hair now:yep:.

I texlax also I do something similar. 2 capfuls SAA, and 1/4 cup oil blend. Usually olive oil and grapeseed.

Thanks for the heads up on the peptide powder newflowers. I was thinking about purchasing this but now I'm glad I didn't.

The silk peptide powder is an excellent product and your hair will love it. But that storage issue is tricky.

Hey ladies, I have a bottle of Silk from Design Essentials...is this the same thing? If so then great! I don't have to buy something else :grin:. If not, how can I use this product?

TIA, You women are GREAT!

Hey ladies, I have a bottle of Silk from Design Essentials...is this the same thing? If so then great! I don't have to buy something else :grin:. If not, how can I use this product?

TIA, You women are GREAT!
Sounds like this is a product with silk amino acid in it and not the ingredient itself. I would add this product to some conditioner or something.

I've been using this for about 2 weeks now. I put some in my liquid leave in and also a few drops in mascara. It made my hair a little stiff the first time. But that might have been a fluke.
For those that use this...should SAA be the last thing I apply on wash day? What I mean is should I use my moisturizers before the SAA or after?

I've been using this for about 2 weeks now. I put some in my liquid leave in and also a few drops in mascara. It made my hair a little stiff the first time. But that might have been a fluke.
For those that use this...should SAA be the last thing I apply on wash day? What I mean is should I use my moisturizers before the SAA or after?

You should always moisturize after applying protein to your hair.

Back