? for those that add conditioners to Relaxer

Nice

Hey Ladies,

I want to start adding a little conditioner to my relaxer and I was wondering, what conditioners are you ladies adding to you relaxer? Would Humecto/Elucence MB be a good choice? Please also provide the measurements. I am a little apprehensive of how the ingredients would react to each other :look:

Thanks in advance

I used to add conditioner to my relaxers, it was usually about 4 tbsp. Sometimes it was cholesterol or another heavy conditioner that I might have on hand. I think I stopped because I was never sure if I was adding enough to make a difference, without making the relaxer ineffective. Now after I rinse the relaxer from my hair, I apply the conditioner. I let it sit for about 5 minutes and then rinse and proceed to the neutralizer. I think I get the same benefit if not more and it cuts down on the extra mixing.

I added conditioner to my relaxer for the first time the last time I relaxed. I added 1tbsp. of Suave Humectant to my relaxer. I did notice a difference in my hair but it could have been because I was out of town and water wasn't hard there. I have to try it again to compare results.

Since I bring my own stuff to my hair dresser I have her add about two tablespoons of neutural protein to my relaxer. I feel it helps my hair better able to withstand the relaxer. After she rinses the relaxer out and before she neutralizes, she puts my Humecto on for about 5 minutes.

This works well for me :) and I miss it if I forget to bring it with me :perplexed .

fletgee said:
Since I bring my own stuff to my hair dresser I have her add about two tablespoons of neutural protein to my relaxer. I feel it helps my hair better able to withstand the relaxer. After she rinses the relaxer out and before she neutralizes, she puts my Humecto on for about 5 minutes.

This works well for me :) and I miss it if I forget to bring it with me :perplexed .

The neutral protein that you used, is that a protein filler, like the one Sally's sells for precolor treatments? Can you give the name and possible mfg?

TIA

I never added conditioner to the relaxer. But I would saturate my dry hair with conditioner from root to tip on relaxer day and let it soak up. My hair seemed to be really silky and shiny after that.

Back