For Those On A Budget (or Cheap)...LOL

FocusLady

Okay give us your hair care products that are under $2 each. Shampoo, Conditioner, Deep conditioner, Pre-Poo, Leave In. Each under $2. How you use it and how often. You can go up to $3 but no more :rolleyes::ohwell:. Some ppl and here use very pricey things. I just want to know how ppl on a budget do it.

Clarifying poo - VO5 Kiwi and Lime - ummm.... I use it as a SHAMPOO! :lachen:
co-wash - VO5 - Strawberries and Cream Conditioner
ooooooo, forgot the ORS Replenishing Paks!

Last edited:
Well I just bought V05 Kiwi and Lime clarifying shampoo. The next cheap thing I use is ORS. Everything else is over $2. I try not to go over $10 per item though.

Softee Shea Butter, $2. It's really a combo of shea butter and grease, lol....

I use it to seal. I apply conditioner and slather on that grease, and that condish ain't going anywhere, :lachen:It can't escape the grease!

i don't know what my hair likes. i don't want to just spend $$$ buying things that don't work. I know its trial and error. But if I can get cheaper things what work just fine I'm cool. My SO has a fit when I buy all these pricey hair products. He looks at me and shakes his head...lol. (I hate that look.) I'm a P.J so when I hear about something good on there I run out and buy it.

I go to the Indian store and come out with a bag of stuff with $20 bucks to last at least a month.
You can buy several oil,powders,shampoo bars and conditioners for 2-4 bucks.
Dont sleep on the skin care items either real cheap and effective.

shampoo-baking soda/water mix (.89 cents a box)

conditioner-coconut milk (1$ per can)

The only other thing I need is castor oil and that's more than 2$. But I love it. These are actually the products I have in rotation right now because I'm too lazy to do anything else but wash and puff.

All my stuff is expensive...but when I first came on here my regimen was pretty cheap

Cowash- Vo5 cowashes $1
Moisturizer- S-Curl (I think it's $3)
Seal: African Pride Oil $1
Shampoo: Suave
BEST COMB IN THE WORLD: Jibere Shower Com $2
rat tail comb for rollersets $1
Pack of magnetic rollers (you prolly need at least 3 packs though) $1.29

HE Hello Hydration Shampoo and Conditioner
Cream of Nature Moisturizing Shampoo
Trader Joes Nourish Spa Conditioner - Review on my Blog
Avocado, Honey, Coconut Milk Conditioner - add salt for a KiyaFizzie!

Last edited:
All my stuff is expensive...but when I first came on here my regimen was pretty cheap

Cowash- Vo5 cowashes $1
Moisturizer- S-Curl (I think it's $3)
Seal: African Pride Oil $1
Shampoo: Suave
BEST COMB IN THE WORLD: Jibere Shower Com $2
rat tail comb for rollersets $1
Pack of magnetic rollers (you prolly need at least 3 packs though) $1.29
I totally Agree with the bolded, this site costs way more than $6!

V05 - Kiwi Lime Shampoo ( clarifying )
V05 - Strawberries & Creme shampoo ( Moistrizing )
V05 - Kiwi Lime clarifying conditioner

All 99 cents each - sometimes when CVS has them on sale you can get them for 79 cents each.

shampoo-baking soda/water mix (.89 cents a box)

conditioner-coconut milk (1$ per can)

The only other thing I need is castor oil and that's more than 2$. But I love it. These are actually the products I have in rotation right now because I'm too lazy to do anything else but wash and puff.

In addition to what MSA said, you can try

ORS packs, I believe they are in that price range
Suave's Tropical Coconut Conditioner - - I've use it for co- washing, detangling and as deep conditioner (w. honey and castor oil)
Castor Oil
The baking soda mix has replaced shampoo
V05 is another cheapie conditioner that's popular. I don't care for it because it's thin.

Sally's GVP products!!!!
where are you getting these for under $2? hook me up...lol

like someone else said, i generally don't pay over $10 for something (other than miss jessie's stuff and the big bottles of kenra mc) but $2 is pushing it for me, other than the suave and VO5 stuff.

Okay give us your hair care products that are under $2 each. Shampoo, Conditioner, Deep conditioner, Pre-Poo, Leave In. Each under $2. How you use it and how often. You can go up to $3 but no more :rolleyes::ohwell:. Some ppl and here use very pricey things. I just want to know how ppl on a budget do it.

Shampoo: Trader Joe's Nourish Spa, $2.50 for 16.9 oz
Conditioner: V05. different ones are thicker, I prefer the thinner Vanilla Mint Tea. 99cents.
Alternatively Trader Joe's Nourish Spa conditioner is about the same price as the sampoo.
Deep conditioner: Above conditioners + egg or mayo + coconut oil.
Pre-poo: Coconut oil. The jar might cost $6, but it's generally quite a lot.
Leave-in: Finding a decent leave-in in bigger than a trial size for $2 is going to be hard. But in that price range I'd say the ORS Olive Oil. You can get a trial bottle for a buck or two. You can also help your leave-ins along with the coconut oil.

where are you getting these for under $2? hook me up...lol

like someone else said, i generally don't pay over $10 for something (other than miss jessie's stuff and the big bottles of kenra mc) but $2 is pushing it for me, other than the suave and VO5 stuff.

under 2 dollars? That's what I get for not reading the whole post:lachen::lachen::lachen:
My bad:spinning:

Weeeellllll you could get them veeeeeery cheap but that's a tad illegal :lachen:

Back