For those of you who airdry and don't flat iron...

how do you get your hair to be so straight? Mine is always like a frizz ball and i would love to have str8 hair without the use of a flat iron. But if i absolutely had to buy a flat iron, i was planning on getting a ceramic. Does it really matter what kind you get? I can't afford those expensive ones that you guys have mentioned on lhcf. Is the conair brand ok? But if at all possible, i would really love suggestions on how to get it super straight without the use of heat.

Have you tried airdrying it in a ponytail? I will wash my hair and apply my leave/moisturizer and seal on my damp hair then put in a ponytail/bun or a couple of buns all over your head like 4 or 6. Its pretty straigt that way. I only flat iron a couple times a year but when i do, i do this first then flat iron so i wont have to use so much heat.I think for an ultimately straight look u will need heat.

thanks angelita, i will try that when i wash my hair in like an hour. I have dried my hair in ponytails before and it use to dry pretty straight. I don't know why i ever stopped.

Banding works for me. I part my hair down the middle, apply leave ins and make one ponytail on each side. I use about six or seven small satin scrunchies for each ponytail and let it dry like that. My hair comes out with a few big, loose waves once dry.

Air drying in a high ballet bun also gives me very smooth results.

As far as flat irons, I had a Conair years ago and it fried my hair. I recently bought a Solia and so far I have only used it once, but the difference is like night and day. It's a very nice iron.

Back