For the self-relaxed ladies that add oils....

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
I am self relaxing for the first time in a long time. I want to add oil to my relaxer to slow down the process in case I do not move fast enough. Would yall ladies be so kind to tell me what your relaxer cream/ oil ratio is? I am most likely buying a tub of Mizani Lye, so it is alot more the one application. TIA!!!:grin:

I never really measure so Im sorry that I cant be exact for you, but as I pour the oil in the relaxer, I mix the mixture in to ensure it doesnt come out too oily. It really depends on how much you want the relaxer to process because too much oil and it may not process as well. If i had to guess I would say that my ratio of oil to relaxer is 1:5 but I am texlaxed. I hope that this kinda helps.

I am self relaxing for the first time in a long time. I want to add oil to my relaxer to slow down the process in case I do not move fast enough. Would yall ladies be so kind to tell me what your relaxer cream/ oil ratio is? I am most likely buying a tub of Mizani Lye, so it is alot more the one application. TIA!!!:grin:

I use the 4 lb. Affirm tub. I scoop out enough relaxer for that application, and then I add my additives to that amount, rather than adding it to the entire tub.

I eyeball about one or two capfuls of oil. A tiny capful of hydrolyzed wheat protein, and a small amount of cholesterol.

I DONT REALLY ADD OIL BECAUSE I OIL MY HAIR FIRST I USE OIIVE OIL PRIOR NEXT TIME I WILL USE MACADAMIA OIL IDK IF I SPELLED RIGHT

thanks ladies. I ended having to buy a 1 application set--Mizani Butter Blend, which I wanted to try. I based w/ coconut oil, so I may do a couple capfuls of Sweet Almond. Off to relax!

Back