For Pete's sake: How to keep a roller set/rod set looking nice for more than a day?

mango387

I am now working, so I don't want to wear a bun all the time. (My hair is not that long to do some of the pretty buns I see a lot of you wear). Therefore, I am trying to do rollersets. My hair looks great the day that I get a rollerset (not the ones that will ultimately be straightened and wrapped) or a flexi-rod set. The next day, however, it looks as if a cat has licked my head:wallbash:. HELP PLEASE!!!

Re: For Pete's sake: How to keep a roller set/rod set looking nice for more than a da

I am old school. I roll mine up with satin covered sponge rollers. You don't need a lot of them. I use end papers as well. Moisturize and seal each section, add paper, roll up. This also lets me go a day or two sometimes just putting on the satin cap and not doing anything.

Your hair appears to be around the same length as mine. My buns look so sad and small! So I pull my hair into a ponytail, baggy the ends and wrap a track of weave hair around it. Then I twist the weave into a bun.

HTH

Re: For Pete's sake: How to keep a roller set/rod set looking nice for more than a da

PINCURLS make all the difference. Wrap your hair around your finger so it looks like its in a roller and pin it with the pins you use to rollerset (the silver pins). You can do less of them for a looser curl--I usually have a mohawk of pincurls and put a scarf around the edges to keep them down and then I sleep with a baggy on top. If you want a curly look, do more pincurls to achieve this.

I LOVE PINCURLS...I am pincurling right now actually...LOL

Pincurls, sponge rollers (be careful of your ends though), and bantu knots are great ways to keep your roller set looking good from one day to the next.

I've never found a way to maintain flexirod sets other than putting the rods in overnight. Even with a bonnet covering them at night, the curls never hold.

I still don't have the pincurls down just yet, but I do well with flexirods.
I moisturize very well, seal the ends, put about 3 jumbo flexirods in and I have a head full of curls the next day (that hold all day). The key to getting the curls to hold or to even curl for that matter, is to make sure your hair is very moisturized.

I suck so bad at pincurling. Last time I tried it the outcome was not cute at all. :nono:

I just sleep on my rollerset and touch it up in the morning with my Carusos. This is the best I know how to do.

I still don't have the pincurls down just yet, but I do well with flexirods.
I moisturize very well, seal the ends, put about 3 jumbo flexirods in and I have a head full of curls the next day (that hold all day). The key to getting the curls to hold or to even curl for that matter, is to make sure your hair is very moisturized.

I might try this. I've never used flexirods before, but it sounds promising.

Back