For People Taking Extra Doses of Vitamins....

JenJen2721

I thought this link would be helpful:
Toxic Vitamin Levels

It tells if taking too much of a particular vitamin can be toxic. I've been looking for this info for a long time, cuz I take lots of supplements for different reasons.

Hope you guys find this as useful as I did! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thanks JenJen,

This is the reason why my vitamin regimine is so simple...I'm afraid of the toxic level.

Thanks for posting this!

I haven't read the article yet, but I wanted to add to the warning:

If you can get a nutritionist do so, and run things by your doctor.

In addition to this, make sure to really READ what people are saying on the boards when a person is taking loading doses.

For example, like with Bargello (her routine doesn't seem dangerous IMO) I believe that she posted that she did have some health problems before, so her body may have required more than the average healthy person.

Or me with my B-5 dose, I had (see, I said had, YIPPEEE!!, LOL! Now I'm lowering my dose) skin PROBLEMS hence my high dosage.

Also, someone else here was taking LARGE LARGE (again non-toxic) amounts of MSM but they also had some previous health problems as well.

So those are just other things to keep in mind about the "why" some people might be on heavier doses and those doses may be more than what YOU need.

I take a lot of vitamins, but you have to note that just because you take a lot of vitamins doesn't mean large doses. For instance I take 4hair, Ultra Nourishair, and Centrum which are multivitamins. All three together don't come close to many of the toxic levels indicated on the list, but I have a deficiency in iron due to anemia so in my case I can take the 25 mg dose of Iron without negative effects.

Also mcg, and mg are different. When I first started taking vitamins I was confused with the measurements I would freak out because the toxic level for a vitamin may have been 1000mg, but I saw 5000 mcg and thought "wow I'm over doing it." But when I converted it was only 500mg.

i am rethinking a vitamin regime but i am not too sure. a lot ladies here got great results with biotin and b5 which are two i want to take. i dont want to take a multitude of pills because i remember the pills increasing my appetite which led to weight gain and it took months to get back on track. even though the site doesnt say does anyone know of the effects of biotin and b5 on the body positive or negative? i still have some biotin and i am considering retaking them. God bless you all.

B vitamins (biotin abd B5 are both B vitamins) maximize the body's ability to metabolize what you put into it Azul. So for all intents and purposes it COULD speed up your metabolism. Which is why the increase in hunger (at least for me - according to my doc). But an increase in hunger doesn't necessarily mean weight gain - if you snack on healthy things...

Just because you're hungrier doesn't mean you always have to eat - or that what you eat has to have the potential to make you gain wieght.

I say take your vits, stay away from donuts (or fried chicken, or arroz con gandules - or whatever is your vice) and get your hair growing at it's optimal rate. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

But that's just me... LOL!

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif i think that was problem eating the wrong things. my hair looked faboulous but i was out of shape. i looked and saw i still had some ultra nourishair, 5mg of biotin and kal's silica plus. and most of the bottles are 2/3 full. i think next month i will give it a try. i dont know if i want to take the ultranourishair since those pills are big /images/graemlins/shocked.gif and i used to have to psyche myself up to take them. i heard the silica and biotin was good. i may try the b5 even though strand thickness is not a problem but i like thicker hair. anywho i guess i will have to resist temptation and leave the rice and beans alone. dag thinking of it makes me feel like homer simpson /images/graemlins/lick.gif God bless you all.

Back