for mothers that had a c-section, how did you wear your hair for the hospital?

It seemed as if I had to learn to walk again. They gave me magnesium, but that didn't help, it just filled my stomach with soo much gas to the point other people could hear and see the gas moving around in my abdomen.

i had to learn to walk with my first one. my second one i recovered more quickly and i was treated better with a different doctor.

My first child I was placed on hospital bed rest for two weeks prior so my braids were looking raggedy by the time I had him. Plus they wouldn't let me move for twenty four hours because I was on magnesium sulfate to prevent seizures.
My second birth was also a c- section but was supposed to be a vbac. The Dr told me however that dd was 9 lbs and because I hadn't had any type of labor with ds a csection would be safer. Dd was only 6 lbs 6 1/2 oz. For her I was a hot mess. My hair was only braided on the outside. On top of that they gave me time released dose of morphine in my spinal, plus toradol in my iv so I was going into junky nods for two days lol. My advice is to braid it up before you hit 38 weeks so you can look good.

Sent from my HTC EVO using LHCF. *sigh* auto correct

i've never had a kid but im pretty sure whether natural birth or c-section you wont be caring about your hair you just want to see your beautiful healthy baby. you can always ask your fam to bring 2 or 3 (of your) products with them so you can walk outta the hospital lookin fly.

i had to learn to walk with my first one. my second one i recovered more quickly and i was treated better with a different doctor.

Same here and I had the same doctor. I was up and walking the next day. I even styled my daughter's hair at the hospital for my bb shower that I missed cause lil man wanted to come a day b4 the shower, but that's my fault for having a shower two weeks before my due date. Smh..

I flat-ironed my hair the weekend before my Monday (scheduled) c-section. I pulled it up to a high ponytail for the surgery, and I think they put a shower cap cover on my head. It was fine.

I went to the hospital wearing makeup, a fresh pedicure, and flowing hair. I wanted to look cute for the pictures. :)

Last edited:
i've never had a kid but im pretty sure whether natural birth or c-section you wont be caring about your hair you just want to see your beautiful healthy baby. you can always ask your fam to bring 2 or 3 (of your) products with them so you can walk outta the hospital lookin fly.

Yeah it's on your mind later when you see the pictures and you look a mess. :ohwell:

I wasn't a csection but I had cornrows into a side pony. It worked great and I didn't have to think about my hair for a while after bringing baby home.

Dang all this talk about re-learning to walk!

No wonder my nurses were like :shocked: and :naughty: when I strolled to the bathroom and did my business all by myself a cpl hrs after the epi wore off. Next morning I strolled down the hallways pushin the baby in her basinet thinggie.

this day is yeaaarrrsss from now, but i know i want a c-section...and i'll probably wear a wash & go or some out style...that can look big & cute, but can easily be pulled into a puff or pony or bun if it gets too hot. i'd wear the same style for vaginal delivery too.

Dang all this talk about re-learning to walk!

No wonder my nurses were like :shocked: and :naughty: when I strolled to the bathroom and did my business all by myself a cpl hrs after the epi wore off. Next morning I strolled down the hallways pushin the baby in her basinet thinggie.

Wowww. That's surprising that they let you get up after a couple hrs, cause with both of mines and everyone else I know, was instructed to stay in bed for 24 hrs. The next day after removing the IV and catheter, I was also instructed on how to get off the bed to prevent rupture and to start walking.

Last edited:
Back