For Goodness Sake's...READ the Ingredients on Your Products!

quasimodi

I'm here to do a pseudorant.

I'm natural and I deep condition my hair at least twice a week, sometimes more. There are only two main types of conditioners I use and they're Elasta QP-DPR/Aubey Organics HSR (moisture) and ORS Hair Mayonnaise (moisture and mild protein).

Today I decided to deep condition with ORS and I do my usual mix of conditioner, olive oil, and honey. I start applying it to my hair and I notice that the mixture doesn't smell the way it normally smells. I shrug it off, (thinking that its just me) but when I've finished applying the conditioner to my entire head, I sniff my hands again and I realize that its smell is really off.

My first thought was that maybe the conditioner had gone bad, but it was a new container, so I pull out the jar againand I see, for the first time, the words, "NEW & IMPROVED" on the front. I guess I just hadn't noticed them at the BSS.

I run to my closet, pull out one of my old jars and compare it to the new one. ORS switched the ingredients!! :perplexed

I couldn't believe it. One of the main reasons I had picked ORS Hair Mayonnaise as a conditioner was because Skin Deep had given it a relatively low hazard rating. This new formula is filled with all these additional chemicals out the ying-yang. This is not good for me, because I'm slowly weaning onto organic/natural products.

This is a cautionary tale, ladies. Familarize yourself with the ingredients of your staple products, and, for goodness sake, read the label each time you buy. You never know when a company will switch up on you. :ohwell:

I hate when they do this.Makes me wanna write a letter or give them a call ust to let them know that I know the difference.

I agree.
I was once way too trusting of my staple products.
Now I read each time. Once I started doing that, I had to let many products go.

Thanks for this info. I wonder are they going to change the ingredients to the leave-in version of the hair mayo.

ORS is not all that anymore. As a matter of fact, the new formula irritated my scalp during a DC. I didn't even keep it in long! I never had a problem with the old formula.

Back