For Experts or Those with Color-Treated Hair!!!!!!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
My hair was color-treated on March 20, 2004 and Im thinking about getting braid extensions in my hair as a protective style... should I? Will braids cause breakage with my color treated hair? The last time I got a relaxer was April 27th so if its okay, when should I get them done???

bump...please help!
ohwell.gif

I don't think you should braid your hair if you've just done the color. Your hair needs a lot of conditioning and you can't get to it in braids. I'm assuming you mean permanent color tho.

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
I don't think you should braid your hair if you've just done the color. Your hair needs a lot of conditioning and you can't get to it in braids. I'm assuming you mean permanent color tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. One of my girlfriends has permanent haircolor (about the same color as mine) and she put braids in her hair, and she had a devil of a time with her hair when she took the braids out!!
ooo.gif
She ended up having to trim about 3 inches and her hair was damaged for a long time... I think it's just now coming back and this happened almost a year ago...
crazy.gif

<font color="purple">I have a question that can help out a lot of people. I used Clairol Natural Instincts a few weeks ago prior to puting extensions in my hair. This is a semi or demi color. I still deep condition on a weekly basis with the extensions on. Would it hurt the hair if you used a demi color and put extensions in the same day, or the day after you've colored? TIA. Toodles </font>

[ QUOTE ]
BabyCurls said:
<font color="purple">I have a question that can help out a lot of people. I used Clairol Natural Instincts a few weeks ago prior to puting extensions in my hair. This is a semi or demi color. I still deep condition on a weekly basis with the extensions on. Would it hurt the hair if you used a demi color and put extensions in the same day, or the day after you've colored? TIA. Toodles </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, Im wondering how long can u wait after getting your hair color-treated to put individual or conrow extensions???
confused.gif

BUMP! Im wondering how long can u wait after getting your hair color-treated to put individual or conrow extensions???

Back