For Catholics: Religious Liberties

auparavant

Are also guaranteed by our constitution. We are now required to provide a service that is against our religious liberties and has never been a part of the services offered in our institutions. People who work in ours know this. Oh, they can gloat that they are getting us to pay for their birth control, but some of them christians, but their own religious liberties are at stake now. We are going to fight this and get an opt-out. Which synagogue would be required to hire a former nazi as a janitor?

What say you? What are you doing to get this opted out for our church?

***I have attended 2 Stand For Religious Freedom Rallies.

The 1st nationwide rally was in March.

My family and church participated in the June 8th one opposing the Federal Mandate that will require employers to offer health insuarance plans that will cover contraception, sterilization and abortion even if this violates their consciences. << these rallies had all Christian Denominations and were very peaceful.

*** Writing and signing petitions to the local government officials telling them that what they are doing is hurting us as practicing Christians (especially Catholics).

I'm so very concerned that the larger christian community (non-catholic) is rather lax about this issue. And it's not even about birth control, it's about religious liberties. Who gets that? We are all going to be in for a bumpy ride. It's flown under the radar even in the christian community and it won't stop with that religious side...smh.

Back