For anyone that has tried Nexxus humectress & Suave's knockoff

I bought the Humectress knock off and hated it. It's runny and provides no slip. It really is no better than a $0.99 VO5 or Suave conditioner. I ended up buying a sample size of the Nexxus Humectress and there is no comparison.
The Nexxus product is very moisturizing I think adds sheen to my hair. I only use it once a week or so, it's waaaayyyyy to expensive for daily co-washes.

I tried Suave's knockoff a long time ago and I was NOT impressed. There is no comparison (you know how it says on the bottle, "Compare to Nexxus Humectress)." I bought a liter of Humectress off Ebay for like $9 bucks. For a while (about a month) I used it for daily co washes. Before that I used it for regular conditioning/deep conditioning. Humectress makes my hair soft and elastic. Its ultimately the best conditioner I have ever tried, especially when used in combo or after Keraphix.

I love Nexxus Humectress. My hair feels like silk after I use it. I even use a little as a leave in and it makes my hair so soft and tangle free. I just love it!

I tried the Suave Humectant and it does nothing for me. Don't waste your money on it. Buy the real Nexxus stuff.

I love Nexxus Humectress. I use it as a daily moisturizer leave in conditioner. My hair loves it no matter long, short, relaxed or natural. It truly is one of the greatest moisturizer. I tried the Nexxus hairbutter. It was just alright! My hair doesn't respond to well after I try co-washing for some reason. :confused:

I've never tried the Suave, but im loving the Nexxus Humectress right now, the moment i put it in my hair it detangles and my hair just feels silky.

tishee said:
thanks ladies! Nexxus humectress....here I come!;)
I would try to get a sample from Nexxus first. I'm all about spending money on quality products, but my hair hates Humectress and I would've been pissed if I paid good money for it.

I never tried the Suave to deep condition, but it's great to conditioner wash. I have a bottle of the Sally's knock off for that purpose as well.

I used the Nexxus humectress and then I tried the Generic one from Sally's. Neither had me going through the roof, but I compared the ingredient comparison list they had on the generic bottle with the list on my Nexxus and it was completely different. Completely! The generic bottle says the formula matches exactly as of 1999 I believe. Needless to say Nexuss has changed their formula since then :lol:

ARe you talking about the Suave Humectant?? If so, yes I've tried the Suave humectant. It DOES NOT compare in any way to Nexxus Humectress. :nono: Nexxus Humectress is where it's at! :yep:

Suave Humectant isn't horrible, but it just feels "cheap" in my hair. There are some cheap brands of conditioner that DON'T feel cheap. They feel just like the more pricier brands. But the Suave Humectant just FELT lower quality than Nexxus Humectress. However, I DO use the Suave for CO-washes sometimes. Since it's so cheap, you can use it without any worries.

I just found that Humectress is very moisturizing and it leaves my hair feeling so silky smooth and SOFT! The Suave stuff just can't compare. It's too watery and doesn't provide enough slip for my hair. :nono:

I agree, Humectress is just too expensive to be using for CO washes, but if you use it for Deep conditioning it is awesome. :up:

I have tried the suave humectant and ended up giving it to my mother because it didn't do anything for me. I actually just received a nice variety of samples from Nexxus 2 days ago and I can't wait to try them! I'll probably try therappe and humectress today. After hearing all these raves...I'm sooo excited!
If anyone wants a sample, go to www.nexxus.com and click on the contact us link (i believe) and request a sample via the form. I did this like 2 or 3 weeks ago and got a nice variety. I got 3 hummectress, 2 therappe, 2 botanioil poo, and 1 keraphix samples!!! I just started emailing folks because I don't mind paying for high quality products but i hate to pay for them and discover that i don't like them. but my hair loves salon quality so i know i'll love hummectress....

i guess that i am the only one who does not think it is that bad, maybe cause i have never tried Nexuss. I usually add my humectrss to my Cream of Nature Conditioner, and my hair comes out really moisturized, maybe if I tried nexuss i would be more impressed, who knows. Cant really afford the nexus though, I am on a hair budget to curb my PJsim

Mizani_Mrs said:
I have tried the suave humectant and ended up giving it to my mother because it didn't do anything for me. I actually just received a nice variety of samples from Nexxus 2 days ago and I can't wait to try them! I'll probably try therappe and humectress today. After hearing all these raves...I'm sooo excited!
If anyone wants a sample, go to www.nexxus.com and click on the contact us link (i believe) and request a sample via the form. I did this like 2 or 3 weeks ago and got a nice variety. I got 3 hummectress, 2 therappe, 2 botanioil poo, and 1 keraphix samples!!! I just started emailing folks because I don't mind paying for high quality products but i hate to pay for them and discover that i don't like them. but my hair loves salon quality so i know i'll love hummectress....

Oooooooohhh...I LOVE Nexxus Therapee! It goes well with Nexxus Humectress. Just wash with Therapee, and then deep condition with Humectress. ;)

I guess you could say I'm a Nexxus addict! lol My hair loves Nexxus products. I will say though, if you're looking for any Nexxus shampoo brands to provide lots of slip like Creme of Nature, or KeraCare Hydrating shampoo, then you won't find it necessarily in Nexxus brands. BUT ...after you dry your hair and condition it with Humectress your hair will feel so soft and moisturized! :up:

Basically, I use Nexxus a lot when I'm in my early stages of post relaxer. But by week 10 (hehe) I switch to KeraCare Hydrating shampoo because that shampoo provides a lot of good slip and detangles my newgrowth very well. ;)

Just warning you ladies! :up:

So are ya'll telling me that I just need to take that stuff back to the store? I saw a sign that said "Suave Milk and Honey" shampoo on sale and that's what actually drew me down the aisle, but I was deterred and picked up the Suave knockoff. Haven't tried it yet but from reading the posts here, I almost want to go on and take it back. mizani_mrs, I went to that link and didn't see the place to request a nexxus sample. I have never tried nexxus products but have read a lot of rave reviews about them here on the board and would like to try a sample without going all out on a entire bottle first...

Ya'll should check out Ebay for good deals on Nexxus. I bought four 10.1 ounce bottles of Humectress (43 oz total)for $21.95. Of course shipping&handling was $9. So I paid $30.87 for the total price. In the salons here, those bottles are $18 each...that would have cost $74. :eek: I got a GOOD deal. (BTW the liter bottle (33.8 oz) are $32 each retail). I love Ebay for Nexxus.

I may be the only one who prefers the Suave Humectant to Nexxus Humectress. I only tried the Nexxus one twice, including today, and I dont know... i guess I expected slip slip slip and I didn't get slip slip slip... my hair is EXTREMELY complicated!
it seems like what works for everyone else HARDLY EVER works for me :confused: and i found that the Suave Humectant softens up my hair really quickly, and I think it smells better too. I'm starting to formulate the idea that my hair like cheap/moderate priced stuff, as opposed to expensive brands. Here in Miami, the bss stores that I go to, Nexxus ranges in prices of at least $15 for the 5 oz bottles to $50!!! it's insane...

Back