For all those who cant keep a silk bonnet on all night...

dlove

I have the remedy!

Its very old school. Trust me this works. This is coming from a wild sleeper that have been through draw string bonnets, tighting a knot in the front of the bonnet, purchasing extra large size bonnet, etc.

This answer: Two "support hose" stocking caps.

How to make a stocking cap:

1. Cut the legs off a pair of pantyhose right where the panty part ends.
2. Tie a knot with the two openings.

Wear both pair to bed.

Are you a stocking cap wearer and how does this work for you?

Sounds good. Do you find it gets too tight though as in uncomfortable? I am using a silk/satin pillow case right now but looking for other options just because I can.

TQ

I don't like stocking material. It makes me cringe. I put the clips that I use for rollersetting on my edges to hold the silk scarf on.

i use the satin bonnet with the elastic. it stays on pretty good but i have satin pillowcases for backup. I slept without either one for a week, and i had MAJOR breakage. Never again will i be so stupid!

Sounds good. Do you find it gets too tight though as in uncomfortable? I am using a silk/satin pillow case right now but looking for other options just because I can.

TQ

Not tight at all. Its comfortable to me. As a matter of fact, i get no "panty line" on my forehead.

Thank you!!!

I am so tired of half sleeping and waking up countless times a night to find my bonnet with the satin scarf burried deep under my bedding...lol - shows how wild I sleep.

Last edited:
Do the hose pull out hair? I cycle my bonnets etc because I almost always have them come off or I get terrible headaches.

I have a satin pillowcase for back up in case my satin bonnet comes off... i tried the stocking cap routine, i wake in the middle of the night with a headache from that darn thing being too tight..i think my head might be too big to wear one, haha

I would think it would cut, pull, damage, and dry out the hair. How is it working for you? Maybe I'm wrong. I'd much rather put the stocking cap over the silk bonnet to keep it on...how's that for old school. Just thinking of solutions...

I sleep very wild also...glad to know that I'm not the only one!! Lol!! What seems to work for me is...I tie my hair up with a satin bonnet/ scarf..then I use another scarf that is not satin..like a bandana or some sort of cotton scarf and wrap my head up again. Since the cotton scarf is not as "slippery" so to speak..it stays on all night. The satin is what touches my hair..and the cotton touches my pillow ..so NO DAMAGE!!

Also I make sure I have pulled down and tied tight.

HTH

Growing up, we always did this. We would wear a scarf under it though. I don't do it so much anymore since I got the stay on satin bonnets. I would never sleep directly in a stocking cap though because I do find them drying.

I usually wear a scarf with a bonnet over it, so that when the scarf slips off, my hair is (usually) still in the bonnet. Stocking caps stay on, but tend to dry my hair and leave an indentation in my forehead. Maybe I'll try using the waistband from the stocking cap to hold the bonnet on?

My satin bonnet stays on, even better than scarves. I got the one from Sally's that says it stays on all night.

I use a man's doo-rag style satin head scarf. I use the non seam side against my head, wrap twice around my head and tie in the back. 90% of time stays put all night. I will admit there are times it comes undone, but I like it better than the bonnet because it keeps your hair tied down.

I'm one of those wild sleepers who can never keep anything on my head - it usually ends up by my toes by morning. Support hose cap - two of them - one of top of the other? No line on the forehead? No headache? I'm going to give this a try. I use a satin pillow case which works okay for my hair except for the part where the flannel sheets are next to my ear.

Back