For all of my Naturals and Transitioners. I'm in need of help

I will most likely transition for a few years. I had already made APL when I decided to transition and that is too much hair to cut, so I will continue to grow and not cut until I either reach MBL or WL. I haven't decided yet.

I just hit year 2 into my transition to natural and have no desire to BC anytime soon. I hope to gain at least four more inches which would put me around WL and then I'd BC off the texlaxed ends. I've been dusting and trimming no more than 1'' over the last 2 years.

I am currently 13 months post. The two textures only bother me when I am detangling. I have no plans on chopping anytime soon. I just keep up with my regular trims, so i am trimming slowly but surely. Weekly deep conditioning is helping me alot, and since its winter time I flat iron weekly.

My first transition was for 9 mos (the length of my preg with my daughter). I BC'd (had about 4-5" and could barely squeeze it into a tiny tail) b/c I was just tired of seeing the relaxed hair, it wasn't necessarily hard to deal with. It grew out fast, and in 4 mos I had APL stretched.

This time, I plan to transition for as long as it takes...no BC just trimming a little here and there sparingly (not on a set schedule or set amount each time). If it takes more than 3 yrs for me to have at least MBL natural hair before all the texlaxed ends are gone, then thats fine. I don't ever plan to drastically cut my hair again. I'm in no rush, as this transition is a small part of a larger lifestyle change to more natural living practices for me. ☺ Oh yeah, I'm 7 mos, 1 wk into transition. 1 yr post July 22, 2010.

Last edited:
Back