For $195, A Hair Product Better Do ...

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I've recently become interested in the Frederick Fekkai line, so while looking on Sephora's website, I came across the product below.

P132210_lg.jpg

FF Overnight Hair Repair
Achieve targeted repair with Repair Patch Technology: Tristearate that renews and repairs damaged hair while you sleep. This advanced treatment absorbs instantly into your hair, without leaving residue on your pillow. Edelweiss provides broad-spectrum protection from the harsh effects of the environment. Overnight Hair Repair provides cumulative benefits to the hair, leaving it healthy, silky, and protected from future damage.

But somebody tell me why in the WORLD the product is $195 for 3.4 oz?

How about, for $195 this product better do my relaxer touch ups & shampoo and condition my hair weekly without me having to move a muscle. :lol:

What would you expect a $195 product to do?

I've recently become interested in the Frederick Fekkai line, so while looking on Sephora's website, I came across the product below.

P132210_lg.jpg

FF Overnight Hair Repair
Achieve targeted repair with Repair Patch Technology: Tristearate that renews and repairs damaged hair while you sleep. This advanced treatment absorbs instantly into your hair, without leaving residue on your pillow. Edelweiss provides broad-spectrum protection from the harsh effects of the environment. Overnight Hair Repair provides cumulative benefits to the hair, leaving it healthy, silky, and protected from future damage.

How about, for $195 this product better do my relaxer touch ups & shampoo and condition my hair weekly without me having to move a muscle. :lol:

Lol, just lol! :lachen:

Idk, and I'd be scared to spend that kind of money to find out :spinning:

Did some light digging and CBS News said this:

Frederic Fekkai Overnight Repair, $195. It is a steep price, but you apply it at night before going to sleep and in a few weeks your hair is soft, healthy and gorgeous. It is the hot new product of the hair world this season. (2005)
And found this: http://teamsugar.com/group/88093/beautymarks/247887

Pssht, F the hubby hitting the ceiling "when [she] told him how much [she] paid for this stuff." My DH would keeeeel me if I bought some shht like this without talking to him first. There's no way in HELL I could justify this lol. I'm still hurting about the $55 jar of Ojon :rolleyes:.

Seriously though, if it truly repaired the hair shift, split ends and all, to perfect health. I would swear by it... I would expect it to restore everything. Elasticity, strength. A catch-all conditioner all in one. Protein and moisture. Hell, my regi would change to two steps: shampoo, Fekkai overnight and call it a week :lachen:

Last edited:
It would be fun to check the internet for a review. I wonder what it does that some dominican products can't do, loL!

Last edited:
for $195 it should grow my hair six inches over night and make my hair so strong i could pull a car with it:grin:

Did some light digging and CBS News said this:

Frederic Fekkai Overnight Repair, $195. It is a steep price, but you apply it at night before going to sleep and in a few weeks your hair is soft, healthy and gorgeous. It is the hot new product of the hair world this season. (2005)
And found this: http://teamsugar.com/group/88093/beautymarks/247887

Pssht, F the hubby hitting the ceiling "when [she] told him how much [she] paid for this stuff." My DH would keeeeel me if I bought some shht like this without talking to him first. There's no way in HELL I could justify this lol. I'm still hurting about the $55 jar of Ojon :rolleyes:.

Most of the reviews on beauty.com are favorable, one even saying that the product is worth every penny but :nono:

I am impressed that something out there still costs more than gas though. :lol:

my only response to this was :eek: for a 3.4 oz..."slowly saying",...um i don't know about this one.?...lol u go ahead try it and then let me know how it works...my huby will ask me what what i need w/ 195 bucks and if i was to tell him...ooo wee wee, he'll most likely ask me if he needs a haircut! basically i can just hang that tought up...:grin:!

P132210_lg.jpg

FF Overnight Hair Repair

The name says it all.

I wouldn't expect much - just a total end to breaking, of any kind, and a doubling of my growth rate. That ain't asking for much, is it? :lachen:

I have Fekkai Protein Treatment and poo and it good but I have other products that works just as well and half the price.
The only Fekkai product that worth my $22 is the Apple Cider Vinegar rinse which is the bomb and worth every penny.
I would never shell out that much money on any Fekkai product.:nono:

I'm crazy enough to try something like that. I'm not going to now because I need little things like food and gas but just as a splurge and to have a laugh I would try it.

I have Fekkai Protein Treatment and poo and it good but I have other products that works just as well and half the price.
The only Fekkai product that worth my $22 is the Apple Cider Vinegar rinse which is the bomb and worth every penny.
I would never shell out that much money on any Fekkai product.:nono:

What's the ACV rinse like?

This seems like a jack off of Ted Gibson's $200 overnight repair serum. Either way both Freddy and Teddy crazy as hell. For that kind of money I want some Beyonce top quality lacefront wig hair to go with it.

I just bought the Fekkai shea butter mask conditioner and the Fekkai glossing cream. I plan on trying them this weekend when I wash. I bought the sample sizes which was still expensive for the size, but this gives me a chance to try them out without paying all of the money to find out I didn't like the products.

They can keep it. I'll stick to the products that good ole Mother Earth has produced for my haircare(castor oil, shea butter, coconut oil, etc...) Besides, I bet the main active ingredient is something we can buy from a health food store anyway.

Back