Folligen for hair growth, with copper peptides to "repair" scalp post relaxer . . .

Neroli

I'm not a big believer in hair growth enhancers that claims to "stimulate" hair growth to extradinary lengths -- I think genetics generally control -- however, I DO think possible to maximize growth potential with good diet, products and techniques (like we do here on LHCF) . . .

However, I have been using copper peptide serums as part of my facial care for over two years now and my skin experienced a complete turnaround after just 1 week and I never looked back. I had mild to moderate acne scars from my younger days and skin was a bit sluggest and the CP serums, along with other "anti-acne, anti-aging" potions have revealed glowing acne-free, wrinkle-free skin, with scars almost completely gone. It took almost a year and half for stubbon scars to disappear, but consistent use has produced astonishing results that have me looking at the CP products for hair. Consistent use helps skin produce more collegan than it normally would. If interested in CP see www.skinbio.com for exhaustive information . . .

Sooo, now that I have proven to myself that CP REALLY WORKS on my skin, I want to see what it will do for my scalp in terms of "repairing" scalp post relaxer and enhancing growth. I'm looking to order in next few days from www.folligen.com . . .

Anyone ever use, any thoughts?

TIA!

I got the Folligen sample pack. I used the creme on my hair line so far and i actually think it works. It was only a .25 oz. sample, but eventually I would like to try the full size folligen solution spray because the hair creme and lotion are a bit pricey for the sizes they provide.

My boyfriend did an article on Copper Peptides and male pattern baldness. his final conclusion was that it can't hurt (because some MPB is caused by environmental than genetic factors) however it may not work for everyone. But even with that, I figured I'd give it a shot.

I wasn't going bald but I wanted to thicken my hair up and see if I could get it to stop breaking off so much so I got the small travel sizes. I don't know if they sell those anymore or not but I personally didn't see results that would make me continue buying it, and get way more results with my current regimine. In my case, I just had to learn HOW to care for my hair and learn to be patient with it as well.

Others could be getting getting fantastic results from it, but they may also have a deficiency and folligen is filling the gap.

Scientifically the products should work just fine for those that really need it so, if you want to try it go for it and get the sample sizes to see if it works for you. I sure wouldn't buy those full sizes at first though cause they x-PENSIVE!

-A

@ Neroli: You're going to have to share your regime, the products you use and the cost of your skin care products.

Thanks for your responses ladies. I will be ordering the folligen solution spray from www.dianayvonne.com which carries the skin bio products cheaper than the the skin bio website! The 2oz folligen spray is $12.00. I'm not interested in the 'poo and condish, but rather in the leave-in stuff for my scalp. Won't be changing my routine, just substituting the folligen in stead of my moisturizing spriz on new growth/scalp. Perhaps I'll alternate between the two every other day . . .

Thanks again, ladies!

I posted a while back about the sample I received from www.folligen.com. I used it to heal and restore my scalp after each relaxer. I believe it worked very well. Thanks for reminding me of this product Neroli. :up:

Isis said:
I posted a while back about the sample I received from www.folligen.com. I used it to heal and restore my scalp after each relaxer. I believe it worked very well. Thanks for reminding me of this product Neroli. :up:

OK, you know I have questions!

-which product did you use: cream, lotion or solution?
-how did you use: daily or only after relaxing?

I'm gonna try and find your post . . .

TIA

Neroli said:
OK, you know I have questions!

-which product did you use: cream, lotion or solution?
-how did you use: daily or only after relaxing?

I'm gonna try and find your post . . .

TIA
Neroli, I've been trying to find my post too since I first read your thread! :fan: It appears to be archived and I don't know how to search it specifically.

The sample I received was more of a lotion rather than a cream. I accessed it from the link on www.folligen.com but in actuality, it's www.skinbiology.com, as you mentioned also. After speaking to Cassia McClain, the author of some of the articles including The Truth About Hair Relaxers (which I quoted in my post), I used this lotion only after relaxing my hair. Although I based my scalp, I felt the scalp still needed to be healed properly and restored to its original state. The sample was $10 and it lasted a couple of relaxers. I need to buy some more!

BTW, I told Cassia about LHCF and this was back in 2003 or early 2004. I believe she said her hair is relaxed (her pic is at the bottom of the page of the article I mentioned). She is very pretty too.

Last edited:
Isis said:
Neroli, I've been trying to find my post too since I first read your thread! :fan: It appears to be archived and I don't know how to search it specifically.

The sample I received was more of a lotion rather than a cream. I accessed it from the link on www.folligen.com but in actuality, it's www.skinbiology.com, as you mentioned also. After speaking to Cassia McClain, the author of some of the articles including The Truth About Hair Relaxers (which I quoted in my post), I used this lotion only after relaxing my hair. Although I based my scalp, I felt the scalp still needed to be healed properly and restored to its original state. The sample was $10 and it lasted a couple of relaxers. I need to buy some more!

BTW, I told Cassia about LHCF and this was back in 2003 or early 2004. d I believe she said her hair is relaxed (her pic is at the bottom of the page of the article I mentioned). She is very pretty too.

Thanks Isis. I couldn't find your post either. I am very familiar with the article as it was part of my research years ago when I first discovered CP (even have a printout in my little hair care file!). However, back then, I was more concern about skincare . . .

Well that seals it for me, I'll be ordering and will post results . . .

Neroli said:
Thanks Isis. I couldn't find your post either. I am very familiar with the article as it was part of my research years ago when I first discovered CP (even have a printout in my little hair care file!). However, back then, I was more concern about skincare . . .

Well that seals it for me, I'll be ordering and will post results . . .
You're welcome Neroli and thanks again for starting this thread!
In the meantime, I'm stilll going to search for my post.

ravenmerlita said:
Bumping...

Neroli, did you start using this and how did it work for you?

Hi Raven,

I do still use, but only around by retouches -- the last wash before relaxing and the first wash after - sort like I use protein treatments; in fact, I use CP at same time I pump up the protein -- protein for hair and CP for scalp to help prepare, fortify and heal before and after the "encounter" with the relaxer. I relax every 12 weeks, or longer. I apply the CP to my freshly washed scalp after towel drying and massage good. Then I proceed with usual leave in and oils. I do not use CP on relaxer day. Then, my first wash post-relaxer, I apply to scalp again and that's it for about 3 months or so until I'm ready to relax again.

I THINK it helps keep my scalp healthy -- I know my facial skin is flawless since I started using it . . . .

Back