Foam Donut

Blackoutzangel05

From DSD fotki I saw the way to create a foam donut using fake hair, however I have read here that foam donuts take the moisture out of your hair. I really like that style but don't want to sacrifice the moisture. What has your experience been with the donut and retaining moisture?

Blackoutzangel05 said:
From DSD fotki I saw the way to create a foam donut using fake hair, however I have read here that foam donuts take the moisture out of your hair. I really like that style but don't want to sacrifice the moisture. What has your experience been with the donut and retaining moisture?

The foam can dry out your hair, but you can cover the donut with extension hair to prevent that. That way, your hair is laying on top of the extension hair and is not in direct contact with the donut. I think she explains that in her tutorial as well.

preciousjewel76 said:
The foam can dry out your hair, but you can cover the donut with extension hair to prevent that. That way, your hair is laying on top of the extension hair and is not in direct contact with the donut. I think she explains that in her tutorial as well.

I have to go back and read that...didn't see it but I was wondering if the extension hair would dry it out as well.

^^^that or someone else had suggested in another thread covering it with a satin or silk fabric.

My suggestion what about wrapping the foam with some saran wrap or plastic from a plastic cap.

I just make sure I take mine down and moisturize and baggy at night, then put the donut back in when I wake up in the morning!

imstush said:
^^^that or someone else had suggested in another thread covering it with a satin or silk fabric.

My suggestion what about wrapping the foam with some saran wrap or plastic from a plastic cap.

I was going to buy silk to cover mine. I'll use saran wrap instead since I already have some.

Great idea!

HERicane10 said:
What about making your own donut out of silk socks?:confused:

I was just about to suggest this:) !! What I use to do was take a sock and make it into the donut, then I would take a knee high and wrap it around the sock. That way the donut bun was smoother. Also, for moisturizer I would spray S-CURL on the donut and on my hair before bunning it for extra moisture. HTH!

Blackoutzangel05 said:

I used a form donut but I hand sewed satin/silk around it because the foam can be drying. I wore my hair with the bun for about 9 months and I had no dry or breakage problems. It was really the best . I stopped wearing it because my hair was getting too long to tuck under the donut.

Back