FNWL Advice-PLEASE HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

lovelyme

Hi ladies, I’m ready to try out some natural alternatives for hair care. And am placing an order @ fromnaturewithlove com, so far all I have is emu oil, shealoe & mango butter. What products would you recommend for a 4b natural? I’m looking for something to stimulate hair growth (esp. temple & kitchen area /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif) & something that’s very moisturizing(i have very dry hair). What has work for you? What hasn’t? Please list your hair type. I was also eyeing the neem oil/powder. What are its benefits?

I just started using their Avocado butter for moisture and I love it! It's very soft and absorbs immediately when I use it on wet hair (never used it on dry hair). For growth I seem to recall a thread about the shikikai powder being good for that when used with the neem powder. I can't verify that it works though.

rosemary and sage essential oils are good for promoting growth. you can add a couple of drops to your hair butters or you can create hair spritzes of water and essential oils.

Hi Maibabie,
Emu oil is great for moisturising but has a texture similar to Castor Oil but has a slight stickiness to it. I mix it with WGO, EVOO, Coconut Oil and Castor oil in equal proportions. I use this as a hot oil treatment and apply it with a leave-in after washing, a little goes a long way. On it's own I have had great moisture as well as increased growth. My mixture and Shea Butter are my staples for regular maintenance and my fine 4a/b hair has had increased thickness. I too am awaiting an order, from Akua Shea Butter Cottage which is the cheapest supplier in the UK, for Avocado Butter, Mango Butter and Cocoa Butter which are excellent emolients for moisture. I plan on making my own pomade with EO. My staples work well on damp hair and I am very happy with the results but it takes a lot of patience and tlc, my hair texture has increased in thickness over a 6 week period and my growth has been slow but good. Good luck.

MeechUK

Have you tried nature's gate products? I like
Nature’s Gate Herbal Natural Jojoba Shampoo Known for its emollient properties, Jojoba shampoo restores natural moisture to hair while gently cleansing hair and scalp. It also contains Keratin to help naturally strengthen hair. It will leave hair full of increased shine and body. Ingredients: Purified Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Barley Extract, Keratin Amino Acids, Allantoin, Comfrey Extract, Jojoba Oil, Panthenol (Provitamin B-5), Wheat Germ Oil, Coffee and Wild Pansy Extracts, Vegetable Oil, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Ergocalciferol (Vitamin D), Ribonucleic Acid (RNA), Deoxyribonucleic Acid (DNA), Biotin, Folic Acid, Niacin, Cystine and Cysteine, Citric Acid, Inositol, Fragrance Oils, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride.

Nature’s Gate Herbal Keratin Conditioner We've combined Keratin with Panthenol to help strengthen and provide extra conditioning to hair. Leaving hair more manageable, lustrous and healthy looking. Ingredients. Purified Water, Stearalkonium Chloride, Glyceryl Stearate, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Cottonseed Oil, Olive Oil, Keratin Amino Acids, Barley Extract, Balsam Peru, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Panthenol (Provitamin B-5), Vegetable Oil, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Ergocalciferol (Vitamin D), Coffee Extract, Wild Pansy Extract, Citric Acid, Rosemary Extract, Lemongrass Extract, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Caramel, Peg-100 Stearate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Nucleic Acids, Fragrance Oils. This will be a protein conditioner. I will likely mix with b.

Nature’s Gate Rainwater Rosemary Conditioner Water extracts of cherry bark, southernwood, horsetail, sage, rosemary, myrrh, nettles, maidenhair and lavender flowers, quaternium-31, burdock root, vegetable emulsifying wax, polysorbate-80, vitamin E, L-cysteine, methionine, L-arginine amino acids, niacin, methylpropyl paraben and natural fragrance oils. This will be a leave in.

Biotin Conditioning Gel A rich blend of Biotin and Cystine amino acids condition and nourish the scalp and help promote healthy hair. Excellent for thinning hair, Biotin Conditioner imparts an exhilarating, minty fragrance and leaves hair soft and shiny. Ingredients: Barley Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Peg-8 Stearate, Stearalkonium Chloride, Wild Mint Oil, Geranium Extract, Biotin, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), RNA, DNA, Keratin Amino Acids, B Vitamin Components (Panthenol, Inositol, Niacin, Folic Acid), Yeast Extract, Cystine, Cysteine, Coffee and Wild Pansy Extracts (Natural sunscreens), Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Peg-15M, Phenoxyethanol, Menthol, Sodium Chloride.

Back