fluffing up your hair

NOEChic

I may not always be right, but I'm never wrong.
I have a TWA and when i wake up in the morning my hair is flat to my hair. How do y'all fluff up your hair without wetting it?

I have the same problem. I don't soak my head, but I spritz lightly with a water/glycerin/EO mix and finger fluff it. Some times more aggressively than others :) , but this usually works for me. By the time I'm ready to leave the house, my hair is dry.

ETA: And sometimes when that fails I have to resort to lifting it from the roots with the pick. I don't pick the full length, just from the roots so my hair isn't gripping my head.

Last edited:
I opted for braids to avoid just that problem I was having. Needless to say, they will stay in til the new year to avoid wetting my hair every morning. They look good.:D

I never had luck with second day hair and still don't. But if I absolutely didn't want to fully wet my hair I used a leave in moisturizer like JML Cactus leave in and a bit of a liquid gel. That usually worked to refresh my TWA.

My hair does the same thing. The only solutions I've found:
-Twist or braid it at night. Untwist/braid and fluff

-CW hair in the AM

-Dampen hair with a moisture spritz, and then use wet fingers and a product like Curls Milkshake or Blended Beauty Styling Butter Creme (or another of their styling products) to scrunch and fuff. Those days I ususually use a scarf or other hair accessory.

Back