Flexirod set ( PICS)

Jazzlyric

Hi Ladies ,

I just wanted to share the results of my flexirod set this weekend. I am on a mission not to use any heat this summer. My hair is BSL/BSB and I am trying to get to midback after suffering through some heat damage, a cut , and some trims. I tried rollersetting but I still need lots more practice with it and I was getting super frustrated . So I have to revisit that another time. I had some packs of flexirods that I never opened and decided this is a good time to try them out. I clarified my hair with ORS creamy aloe shampoo. Next I applied aphogee 2 min , but I left it on for about ten minutes and followed deep conditioned with ORS replenishing for about 30 min under the dryer. I put lottabody setting lotion in a spray bottle but very, very little, only enough to cover the bottom of the bottle and filled the rest with water . I would say about 10% lotta body to 90% water . It was just enough to add shine. I proceeded to use 30-40 of the purple rods , I could have used more in the back section of my hair but I wouldnt be able to fit under the dryer LOL. It took about 1 1/2 to 2 hrs to fully dry .

ETA: I decided to comb the curls out after 4 days . I lightly coated my palms with sweet almond oil and ran my fingers through the hair and then combed through with a wide tooth comb . Added those pics as well .

Last edited:
Great! That's the size I bought months ago and never used...I'm gonna use them soon, though. Even though I'm lazy, your pretty hair has inspired me, lol

Glad to be an inspiration :grin:. Please post pics when you do . I would really like to see them . Your hair is beautiful !

Too cute. I just bought some flexi rods (or maybe they were knock offs LOL) from Target. You have inspired me to actually use them. :)

I love these. Are you relaxed or natural? Whenever I do a flexi rod set, it's not even SL and I'm BSL. I really have tried to extend them down the rod, but both times, they shrunk up. I guess I'll have to try again

I love these. Are you relaxed or natural? Whenever I do a flexi rod set, it's not even SL and I'm BSL. I really have tried to extend them down the rod, but both times, they shrunk up. I guess I'll have to try again

Nichi, I am relaxed but I just figured out that I more textlaxed and have a bit of new growth going on under there . I had to start at the very bottom of the rod and really extend the hair all the way to the top . Yes, try again . Dont give up , I for one want to see pics when you do . You have lovely hair :grin: .

Back