FLEXIROD HELP

GeorginaSparks

This is an emergency!!! I have in a curly weave and flexirods sounded like the perfect thing to use to mimic the curls of the weave. Now, my roots are natural and ends are relaxed(transitioning) if it matters. I watched some videos on youtube and someone used murray's beeswax. So i went to the BSS and bought the creamy one.

I sprayed my hair with water, applied the murray's to my hair and proceeded to twist(flat twisted the left side---i suck at twsiting period). As i was twisting, my hair started getting HARD. I sprayed with more water and tried to detangle but it wasnt bugding so i just kinda did the best i could and rolled the twisted hair on the flexirod. Now i have a scarf over it and Im scared to see what it will look like tomorrow morning.

What product should i use to set my flexirod that will not make my hair hard? :nono: Would the blue ecostyler work or will something more creamy be better? Like i said, my roots are natural so i think i need something heavy duty that wont weigh my hair down.

ETA: Also, will i be able to flexirod dry hair or do i have to wet it?

I usually use diluted setting lotion or even better eco styler.
I always set on wet hair and let dry overnight.

A braidout for your front might work too

I usually use diluted setting lotion or even better eco styler.
I always set on wet hair and let dry overnight.

A braidout for your front might work too

Perfect i will use my ecostyler instead. How long do the curls last for and how do you maintain it?
My braid outs always turn out wavy instead of curly :nono:

Lottabody if you don't mind doing it wet, wet would be better because it will come out more defined and since your roots are natural, it's better when wet instead of setting it when dry because the curls will come out loose unless you want it loose

shockolate said:
This is an emergency!!! I have in a curly weave and flexirods sounded like the perfect thing to use to mimic the curls of the weave. Now, my roots are natural and ends are relaxed(transitioning) if it matters. I watched some videos on youtube and someone used murray's beeswax. So i went to the BSS and bought the creamy one.

I sprayed my hair with water, applied the murray's to my hair and proceeded to twist(flat twisted the left side---i suck at twsiting period). As i was twisting, my hair started getting HARD. I sprayed with more water and tried to detangle but it wasnt bugding so i just kinda did the best i could and rolled the twisted hair on the flexirod. Now i have a scarf over it and Im scared to see what it will look like tomorrow morning.

What product should i use to set my flexirod that will not make my hair hard? :nono: Would the blue ecostyler work or will something more creamy be better? Like i said, my roots are natural so i think i need something heavy duty that wont weigh my hair down.

ETA: Also, will i be able to flexirod dry hair or do i have to wet it?

Right on time. First flexirod set is tonight and I plan to use my Lacio Lacio leave-in, a spray bottle full of SAA, spring water, Aloe Vera juice and avocado oil (to re-wet hair that dries) and a dab of Jam for each section of hair to hold. I don't want loose curls, but I don't want them to be too set either. Will post results love.

I think doing them on dry hair that you moisten will come our marvelous... It will be bigger in circumference; but I love big hair!

Back