Flaxseed oil-refrigerated?

soslychic

So does flaxseed oil need to be refrigerated at all times even before purchasing or is it just once it's opened? I was gonna purchase some liquid flaxseed oil at walmart. It said that it was in a black bottle to keep out light and keep it fresh and that it would need to be refrigerated after opening. I didn't purchase because at that moment, I remembered people saying that liquid flaxseed oil should be in the refrigerated section of the store. But I also remember someone saying that they just refrigerate theres after it is open and everythings fine. So does it really need to be refrigerated at time of purchase? And for that reason, should I not order any from online? (I was thinking about ordering it from puritans pride.)

Refrigerating after opening it is essential...but it does not have to be refrigerated when you buy it....

However I only buy flaxseed OIL that has been refrigerated...I will buy flaxseed SEEDS that are unrefridgerated...but in a vacuum sealed, non-light absorbing bag.

My mother worked at a health food store (and is nutrition junky). She told me good flax seed oil, rather liquid or pill, should always be refrigerated
smile.gif

Back