Flaxseed Oil & Evening Primrose Oil: The Twin Experiment

kiesha8185

Hi guys!

I just wanted to let you all know the benefits of flaxseed oil and evening primrose oil on my new growth and my relaxed hair in comparison to my sister's hair. I wanted to wait some time until we had enough new growth and I also took comparison pics after we relaxed our hair.

These oils have really changed the texture of my hair. Before LHCF, my twin and I had exactly the same texture hair. I have been taking these oils for one year. My sister doesn't take them at all. But my new growth grows in a little darker, softer, shinier, and faster than hers. My hair also grows in more wavy and it grows downwards, while hers grows in upwards. Like her new growth is really spongy.

In the pictures below, she was 9 months post (on top) and I was almost 7 months post (bottom), but still had more new growth. She swears up and down that her hair is soft, but it’s a little rough/dry IMO (she’s a LHCF beginner, so bear with her!). If you look at our roots, you can see the difference. Her new growth doesn't really have a wave pattern at all, mine you can see defined waves.

Tricia's New Growth
[URL="http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2002305993096730104"][/URL]

My New Growth

The pictures below show the difference in our relaxed hair (the first two taken without flash). We both relaxed on December 13th. Don’t get me wrong, her hair’s health has tremendously increased, but you all can visually see the differences in our hair, and I know it’s because of the oils since we both use the same products.

Tricia

Kiesha

Her hair is not much longer than shoulder length right now, but it very thick and much healthier than it used to be :yep:. My hair is probably 4-5 inches longer.

Tricia
[URL="http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2002365851013905786"][/URL]

Tricia
[URL="http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2002326455513471943"][/URL]

Kiesha

Kiesha

I know this is nothing new to you all, but just wanted to share my experience. If this isn't proof, I don't know what is. FSO and EPO works!!

I recently started taking the flaxseed oil by pill at 1000mg. How long was it before you noticed a difference? How much are you taking?
BTW you and your sister both have beautiful hair. The only difference that i noticed is that your new growth looked a little wavier whereas hers looked more coarse in the braids

I can see it in the braids your hair has more waves and your sisters is slightly more corse and the other pics of your hair staight it looks like your hair is more silky.

I recently started taking the flaxseed oil by pill at 1000mg. How long was it before you noticed a difference? How much are you taking?
BTW you and your sister both have beautiful hair. The only difference that i noticed is that your new growth looked a little wavier whereas hers looked more coarse in the braids

I'm not really sure how long it took...I didn't really notice the difference until a couple of weeks ago, it may have been sooner than that.

But our textures used to be exactly the same, so I know it must be the oils making my new growth come out differently. The only problem is that I dunno which oil is doing what :ohwell: I started taking both at the same time.

Flaxseed Oil: I take one tablespoon of the actual oil every morning on an empty stomach. It's 1300 mg of the Vitamin World brand. I drink 8 oz. of water with it.

Evening Primrose Oil: I take one softgel every morning after I drink the FSO. I drink 8 oz. of water with it.

Back