flat ironing week old hair

MaryJane3000

So Im going to this party tonight that my boyfriends frat is throwing and I'm trying to figure out if its okay for my to flat iron my hair thats like a week old. I havent put much product in it at all this week so i feel that its fairly clean and I would only flat iron it on a level 2...i really dont want to have to wash my hair and flat iron it because i wont have time to deep condition it which i plan on doing tomorrow to get ready for vday...soooo any suggestions? I can flat iron it today without any worry right?

I don't know, I only like to flat iron on freshly washed and deep conditioned hair.

You only need a good 20 minutes to DC, you can't try to squeeze it in?

What type of style are you in now?

I would suggest washing. But if you absolutely cant then just do a saran wrap. With dry hair. That usually gives me flat iron like results. Macharieamor has a a tutorial for that on her youtube channel.

dang is it really that bad for your hair? n the thing is that i let my hair air dry and i dont have my hooded dryer with me, so i dont want to put the dryer heat on it and then the flat iron, and it takes a while for my hair to dry and I get off work around 5...maybe ill just do a cowash and leave it in for a while and bring out my hand dryer to try and speed up the process

I would curl my hair if I were you with these

SBS-679000

instead of going with a straight look.

I've done it before - no damage. Like chelley said, I usually use it on low heat. I also reapply a heat protectant before I flat iron. Unfortanetly for me, sometimes my hair will not 'accept' the heat if it's more than a couple of days and I've put anything additional on my hair. That flat iron does NOTHING for my hair at that point.

yea i wasnt going to flat iron it straight i was going to put some curls into it, but i want the loose girls i get with the flat iron, i think i'm going to just cowash it and use my blow dryer and flat iron to hurry up the air drying, if i hurry it shouldnt take me more than 5 hours to detangle and i can prolly let it airdry most of the way.

Back