Flat ironing divas help me out.

RosesBlack

Friday night I have an office party to go to and I am going to flat iron my hair. Lots of questions because I'm nervous.

I've done this 1 time before and didn't do my whole head.

Okay so my hair is texlaxed and fairly wavy in spots. I don't rollerset very well at all so should I blow dry my hair with my round brush (I don't do this well either but I'm better at it than I am at rollersetting), then flat iron? Or should I do a cheater (pony tail) roller set under the dryer then flat iron?

I want to get as straight as possible. for the night because I never wear my hair straight or out.

Also is it okay to go back over a section if I'm using a lower heat setting? Or should I use a slightly higher setting and get a straighter result the first time out?

I may or may not achieve swing, I haven't before but I do want it to look cute. I plan on wearing the back in a small chignon and the front out in long bangs.

Or should I forget the flat iron and do a bantu knot set or something I already know I can do?

AH heat makes me so nervous. I've been reading heat/flat iron threads but I'm still wondering these things. I've been extra gentle with my hair this week to prepare.

Pony tail roller set and flatiron. It be nice and healthy. And ponytail roller set is not cheating, its smart, especially for naturals.

Thank you.

I'm so hoping I don't chicken out and just wear a bun and some bangs. I really have to get over this heat thing. :wallbash:

Your hair will be ok. Just use heat protectant and flat iron the roots. You can wrap it if you want it to get straighter.

Back