Flat Ironing before relaxing

LondonDiva

I've noticed that my new growth is thicker than usual due to carrot juice consumption, possibly the protein shakes too. Now I relax my hair in sections as it's just not possible to relax the whole head of hair within 20 minutes. If I were to flat iron (not bone straight) the new growth so it's easier to part, would this in turn have an effect on the relaxer.

Let me break it down.

If I left my new growth untouched and relaxed it, I'm more likely to get a looser curl pattern right....?

If I was to straighten it before hand and then relax it would I

a) have to leave the relaxer on for less time and the bonds of the hair are straight from the flat iron.

b) end up with my hair being underprocessed because when I go to wash it, the fact that my hair was straightened had nothing to do with the timing of the relaxer.

I hope I made sense here.
ohwell.gif

I understand what you're saying and I think that's a great idea. However, I suggest you flat iron on the lowest setting so that your new growth is visible from the previously relaxed hair. I too agree that this would make your hair easier to part and thus you'll be able to apply your relaxer a lot faster.

Back