flat ironers....?

Lilmama1011

When you flat iron do you moisturize your hair first and then put heat protectant or just heat protectant because you got your moisture from deep conditioning ?

no moisturizing! i deep condition and use a leave-in conditioner that has cones in it and is made for to protect the hair from heat. that's it. i use a heat protectant spray. you are not suppose to moisturize your hair before heat styling. you could cause a lot of damage to you hair.

shortdub78 said:
no moisturizing! i deep condition and use a leave-in conditioner that has cones in it and is made for to protect the hair from heat. that's it. i use a heat protectant spray. you are not suppose to moisturize your hair before heat styling. you could cause a lot of damage to you hair.

Omg, thank you so much because I was going to thinking the moisture you have is better as long as its not wet, I was deep conditioning right now and was waiting on Yal responses thanks so much

shortdub78 said:

How often do you flat iron?

How often do you flat iron?

i usually do it once a week. i was going out every weekend, and my SO likes my hair down, so i would flat iron it. i have been bunning for the past couple of weeks. i will flat iron again for Thanksgiving, i think.

i just do it on air dried hair now.

shortdub78 said:
i usually do it once a week. i was going out every weekend, and my SO likes my hair down, so i would flat iron it. i have been bunning for the past couple of weeks. i will flat iron again for Thanksgiving, i think.

i just do it on air dried hair now.

That's what I will be doing as well, air drying and then flat ironing it

One more question, I'm deep conditioning and going to rinse with acv and then air dry and flat iron, is that ok or I should rinse with regular water? Or it doesn't matter?

I apply cassia with safflower oil and conditioner blend the night before. Then, the day of, I use mizani reconstructing masque for about 30mins ITS AMAZING and makes my hair buttery soft.

As for moisture, i know there is a LHCF'er who swears by moisture and doesn't flat iron her hair without it. I think her name is westNDNbeauty but don't quote me on that!! :lachen:

Back