Flat Iron Tutorial

I just saw it thanks to you :yep: It was a good video... mine never comes out that straight when I do it myself. I need to tweek the process.
Thanks

Thanks for posting this:

Wow, you would swear some of them were relaxed. I've been contemplating if I want to start using heat again and this makes me really want to go ahead with it.

o wow that vid was pretty good...she gave good tips, i'll have to jot down. i swear i wish i could automatically record everything i see.
thx 4 sharing

Last edited:
This is the best flat iron job I've seen on natural hair on the net and in this forum. My hair comes out pretty straight, but I need to get a blow dryer like hers. I loved how her hair looked after she blow dried it. Mine never looks like that after blowdrying.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting that.

I have yet to master the flat iron. I think it's how I blow dry but I'm not sure. I'm going to try again after I'm done with this session of bootcamp.

Her tutorial was the best ! I tried her method and got salon results at home! (the pic below is not from her tutorial lol)

Last edited:
Whoo---that video is tempting:perplexed
I haven't used heat in a month but her flat ironing tech. make me want to try them on meTONIGHT!

Thanks for posting the link. This is very informative. I have yet to get at least near salon results when I flat iron. It's decent, but it could be better.

i think the part that i can never make it past is blow drying the hair straight. i just can't do it. the best i'll ever do is a stretched afro.

I noticed in the video/pics the clients hair was flat ironed BONE STRAIGHT :gotroasted: I am wondering if they are gonna suffer from heat damage?

i think the part that i can never make it past is blow drying the hair straight. i just can't do it. the best i'll ever do is a stretched afro.

I think that's the key, too. I've tried a billion times...shoot, I just tried today, but my hair isn't close to straight after I'm finished blow drying. My flat ironed hair usually ends up looking like blowdried hair. It's crazy...

What type of blow dryer are you naturals using? I think that can really play a role in straighter hair. She used a CHI blower ..

I noticed in the video/pics the clients hair was flat ironed BONE STRAIGHT :gotroasted: I am wondering if they are gonna suffer from heat damage?

Well heat damage is tricky, but if you use the right products you can save your hair the damage. The cone (biosilk, Chi silk infusion, sabino etc.) ingredients will actually protect the hair beofre applying heat. But you gotta make sure you deep condition well before hand.

What type of blow dryer are you naturals using? I think that can really play a role in straighter hair. She used a CHI blower ..

Good hair dryers are ceramic, ionic or tourmaline. Ionic is really good it helps infuse moisture within the strand.

Do you all think i can use my keracare products to acheive this flat iron technique? I have an event to attend in aug and i would like to try this sometime in july?

tia

I didn't get any heat damage from her. I got mine from a stylist before her. She REALLY conditions the hair. She made me pre poo overnight with coco oil the night before. It came out really nice and soft!

I just purchased a Conair Yellowbird dryer after noticing my braider using it. I like the different heat settings - it got my hair very swingy and straight (but fluffy) after just a few minutes. It also has a cool switch - so you can set it to cool and you don't have to hold down that button. I followed with my flat iron, and since my hair was pre-stretched it only took 30 mins or so. I used MB as my heat protectant.

My SO was like "What did you do different? This is the best I've ever seen it look straight."

ETA: I'm 5+ months post with an ungodly mix of natural, texlaxed, and bone straight hair

have u tried braing ur hair up and then blowdrying in small sections?

No, I haven't exactly. Last time I blow dried, my hair was in about 15 sections that were twisted, not braided. I would undo a twist and blow dry the loose hair. I can't comb or brush, so I just pulled out a section of my hair and held it with my hand and blow dried. Do you mean I should blow dry the braid itself?

Well heat damage is tricky, but if you use the right products you can save your hair the damage. The cone (biosilk, Chi silk infusion, sabino etc.) ingredients will actually protect the hair beofre applying heat. But you gotta make sure you deep condition well before hand.

CC, when I was flat ironing, I was using Fantasia IC. My hair looked great. But after a few months, I got heat damage. I was wondering if this is a good protectant for sure.

And how do you guys flat iron after applying the serums? After I applied the ic to each section, I would hear it sizzle sometimes. I know hair is supposed to be dry when flat ironing; but I thought since it was a heat protectant it should be ok. :perplexed

Please advise.

TIA

No, I haven't exactly. Last time I blow dried, my hair was in about 15 sections that were twisted, not braided. I would undo a twist and blow dry the loose hair. I can't comb or brush, so I just pulled out a section of my hair and held it with my hand and blow dried. Do you mean I should blow dry the braid itself?

no sorry for not clarifying...braid, air dry, and then blow dry from ends to roots. i'd add a tid bit of serum to the each wet braid tho. usually ur hair should be air dried staight to where when u take down a braid to blow dry u can get a comb thru it...especially a big comb...not a poo comb too big. have you done it this way? this is when i can manage my 4bizzy hair.

Back