Flat Iron Comb?

Phoenix14

Has anyone ever used this:
http://www.goody.com/Products/Collections/StylingSolutions/So_Hot/So_Hot_Flat_Iron_Comb.aspx

379530.jpg

I have never seen this before. Very different. If you get it, please report back.

I bought a comb similar to this at Sally's. I think that using a regular comb to use as you flat iron each section of your hair is just as good as this comb. I wasn't really impressed by it.

It is used to help hold section of hair and blow dry hair, and to follow behind flat iron, the comb is held in place by the bottom section that is a slot. It can be helpful if you have thick hair and need to keep controle of hair sections.

It's a flat iron "chaser comb". While flat ironing, you place it at the bottom of a flat iron to detangle/smooth the hair just before it is flat ironed. I don't own one but I have seen them in a few stores.

I haven't used this particular one but I have used the red and black one you can get at the beauty supply. I found it awkward to work with. I already pre-combed each section with a small tooth comb anyway, so there was really no need to use the flat ironing comb. It just got in the way of the flat-ironing process for me. Maybe I just didn't understand how to use it.

I have one similar. I like it.I don't have to hold the hot hair as I flat iron. I think that it helps get my hair straighter too when I use my Sedu vs my Maxi.

I saw this last week and started to buy it, but then I changed my mind. I like to hold my hair while I flat iron.

I still may go back one day and get it though, lol.

I have one - but as another poster said the teeth are too wide for it to be really effective. Perhaps if you have relaxed hair so you could work with larger sections it would work, but for me a normal fine tooth comb is better.

Back