Flat hair in the morning? How do you add VOLUME?

itismehmmkay

Usually, I just sleep in rollers to keep my hair curled and full of volume w/o frequently using heat. However, I think the rollers are compromising my hairline edges too much. :ohwell:

So, I plan to go back to just sleeping w/ a scarf at night to start protecting my edges more.

I plan to just pop in some rollers in the morning before my bath for extra volume. I'm pretty confident this will work, but other suggestions would be great! :D

If your hair is long enough you can put it into a loose, high ponytail or two and roll those up instead. I've also pin-curled the section right in front of my ears to avoid the tension of rollers. I'd usually sleep in a satin bonnet and finger-comb in the morning.

girl i got 1 word for you (okay maybe two...) STEAM ROLLERS. go get one quick, fast, hurry. all of your flat hair, no-body hair days will be OVER. My hair look professional rollerset everyday. except my hair ain't perfectly straight, it's a little thick & textured and me likey......

So my morning routine is as soon as i wake up, i roll 5-10 rollers in my hair (usually takes 8mins). then i shower and get dressed. and by the time i finish dressing, i take the rollers out...shake my head like tina turner and i'm out the door... 'nuff said!

yeah.....what she said

Mizani_Mrs said:
girl i got 1 word for you (okay maybe two...) STEAM ROLLERS. go get one quick, fast, hurry. all of your flat hair, no-body hair days will be OVER. My hair look professional rollerset everyday. except my hair ain't perfectly straight, it's a little thick & textured and me likey......

So my morning routine is as soon as i wake up, i roll 5-10 rollers in my hair (usually takes 8mins). then i shower and get dressed. and by the time i finish dressing, i take the rollers out...shake my head like tina turner and i'm out the door... 'nuff said!

Just curious...any recommendations on where I can find good quality, but affordable, steam rollers???

I'm having the same problem. Its hard keeping your hair looking good (at least at my length) w/o using heat.

4a/b
last relaxer 5/26/05
next relaxer 8/20/05
current length: approx. 7 inc.

Try a twist out fro...braid hair in 4-6 twists and perm rod the ends with a little oil. In the morning release the twists and separate them till you hair is really full and big and wavy. Talk about volume and bounce. I love this style in the summer.

Hair type: 4b thick and course
Hair goal for 2005: 5 inches past bra strap by Dec 31st.
Summer challenge: more protective styles and less products.

Back