Flaking, Itching, Shedding, Surging

diamondlady

and growing!!! I know I see more growth than I normally do 5 weeks post relaxer but . . . The shedding is at a point that scary. The flaking from the Surge is better but the itching in the back is driving me crazy. Even after I stopped using Surge in the back and sides (I used it liberally there before because my hair doesn't grow as fast in the back) It's still itching.

Another post said " to Surge or not to Surge" and I'm at a point where I have to ask myself that same question.

I'm still looking for answers on the shedding. I think I'll try the garlic shampoo someone mentioned. Anyone have any more suggestions?

I dont know about Surge per se, or the flaking (I didnt have this problem with Surge), but since it's gotten cold outside, my scalp has been itching something FIERCE!! I was gonna post about a good anti-itch treatment, like oils, or shampoo, etc. Good luck stopping that shedding...

I use the Surge Lotion Motion#9 for the itcy and dry scalp, it said on the bottle for itcy and to stop flaking, the cold will do it every time, I now have no problems. It's great and light weight

I am also putting the lotion motion oil and woojee cream to
my scalp to keep it from flaking and its working.
I also do a pre-hot oil treatment with evoo.

I've only been surging every night after conditioner washes and I've never had a problem. I've been noticing the flaking is more prevalent in those who don't wash/condition wash right BEFORE they apply Surge.
crazy.gif

I did experience the itching, but I also find that when my hair is growing and it is getting thicker, the flaking and the shedding no. I did not experience that. However using castor oil, mixed with olive oil or 9 motions oil, helped me a great deal.

I have experienced increased shedding, the shedding has almost completely stopped after 3 days. No dry, itchy scalp though (yet). I have been doing cond washes every evening and massages with lotion motion #9 after spraying surge.

Back