FLA VACATION HAIR...NEED ADVICE!!

MaryJane3000

So I'm about to go on vacation to Florida, and I'm leaving Sunday morning. It's for a week and I'm nervous because I really don't want to have a setback. We're going to Disney World and Daytona Beach (annual family vacation).I already know that it's going to be hot and sticky and there's going to be random rain showers, so the odd are that my hair will get wet.

I don't have enough time to get braids nor do I want to. I have a good amount of new growth and I'm trying to stretch my relaxer until the end up this month so i can do a length check and compare it to June. At the same time I don't want to wear buns everyday.

So my question is, should I just do a rollerset Saturday night, and then pin the curls up the first few days and then rock a pony tail or a bun or whatever the next few..or should I just try and redo my twist outs and/or try and do a wash and go? and then pin that up as it falls? I'm trying to do the least amount of manipulation to my hair but have it still look cute. What do you ladies usually do?

Yep, I would say ponytail or wig. Returned from a cruise and miami stay. The heat and humidity ain't nothing to mess with. I rocked my wigs which worked well for me.

I live about 45 mins from Daytona Beach and 45 mins. from Disney..and yes this heat/humidity are no joke. The daily rain showers are the norm down here in the summer. I usually wear my hair in a bun and half wigs and it works just fine with the weather. Enjoy your vacation!

IMO, the humidity in florida is intense. I wouldn't do a rollerset unless you have a hardcore product that blocks humidity for real! I spent Spring Break there.. I started out rocking a braid out and it poofed up worse than it does in North Carolina (our humidity isn't a joke either). Then again I was around 10-14 weeks post. I'm not sure how long your hair is... but I'd wear 2 french braids, pony tails, buns, and maybe a braidout/twist out if you have a decent humidity blocker (i didn't use one for mine)... It might be too hot for wigs but that's a personal preference.

Have fun!

ITA with the other ladies. You can cut FL humidity with a knife. You'll be in northern FL so it won't be as bad as say, Miami, but it still gets bad up there. I say do a ponytail or rock a wig.

Orlando here and it's bun city especially since we got these daily rains happening. Enjoy!!!!!

THANKS LADIES, I felt stupid for asking this question for a while until I checked back. I'm in NC too and the humidity is a pain, so I think I'll prolly just try and see if I can do a wash and go (I'm about 10 weeks post) or just stick with the buns...I've never done a half wig before, still dont really understand them but I'll def. check out those links shenitab posted, THANKS AGAIN!

Back