First time wig users using crown and glory method, calling wig users and Poetist

flower

I would like to wear a wig for a year using the crown and glory method. I plan to keep my hair twisted underneath. How do i protect my edges? What advice do you have? What problems may i encountered?

How should i chose a wig( synthetic or human har)?

What brand(s) should i consider?

I will be doing this also for 2009 b/c I'm transitioning. Moisturize your edges at least twice a week (coconut oil is best) and make sure that whatever wig you purchase isn't too tight on the hairline.

That is the biggest thing that will give you problems with edges. Cut the elastic bands on the inside if you have to and use bobby pins to secure it. Also don't use a wig cap that is too tight. I use one made of fishnet material and it is very comfortable.

Don't sleep in the wig either (unless it is a lace front and then that is a whole nother story).

What type of wig is totally up to you, but here is a good website that has lots of wigs and half wigs: www.smbshair.com

I will be doing this also for 2009 b/c I'm transitioning. Moisturize your edges at least twice a week (coconut oil is best) and make sure that whatever wig you purchase isn't too tight on the hairline.

That is the biggest thing that will give you problems with edges. Cut the elastic bands on the inside if you have to and use bobby pins to secure it. Also don't use a wig cap that is too tight. I use one made of fishnet material and it is very comfortable.

Don't sleep in the wig either (unless it is a lace front and then that is a whole nother story).

What type of wig is totally up to you, but here is a good website that has lots of wigs and half wigs: www.smbshair.com
D

Do I secure it to the fishnet cap?

Back