First "successful" self relax...

thesweetone

I'm slightly underprocessed, not bone straight like I usually am, but that's okay for the first time, and it's much better than being overprocessed! My only concern is that because it's not bone straight, I may not be able to go 13 weeks, but I'm going to attempt it. Now to perfect my self-relaxing technique and learn to trim.

Special thanks to LondonDiva (used your relax in sections technique! great tutorial in your fotki!), Lili, Trimbride, Umsumayyah, Rabia Elaine, Southerngirl, and SohoHair. I put together my procedure based on your wonderful posts about self-relaxing techniques.

SPECIAL THANKS TO MY FIANCE WHO HELPED ME TO RELAX, HELPS ME WITH ALL THINGS HAIR CARE, TAKES MY PROGRESS PICS, ETC! I LOVE YOU BOO BOO!

I self relaxed for the 3rd time and it was the best yet. I changed from Phtyo to ORS. I think I may do half a head next time b/c there are some sections I wish I could smooth a little more. Ah well I get better w/each attempt!

Congratulations!!! My first self relax was a disaster but the second one was perfect!!! Isn't exciting to have such control over your own hair? Speaking of switching, I'm switchin to Vitale Lye relaxer. My next touch up is in March 07.

Congrats! I will be self relaxing for the first time next weekend. Mostly, because I'm broke and can't pay anyone to do it :lol:

now I'm going to look at everyone you named for their self-relaxer tutorials!

Congrats. I plan to self relax again. I'm stretching til April, braids for one month , and then self relax in May

It's great to hear posts like that 'cause i'm definitely self-relaxing in less than a week and i'll be sure to look at those tutorials from the people you just mentioned. I'm excited now to have complete control over my hair!!! YAY!!!:grin:

Congrats --I've been self-relaxing since 2005 and during my first two trys it didn't come out bone straight but after changing my relaxer from Phytorelaxer Index I to Index II, I've been able to give myself a professional looking relaxer every time, what I use is my bare hands to apply the relaxer and I find this helps in getting my hair straight...

Back