First Set Of Photos

matuncks

Hello everyone!

This is my 3 1/2 months point on LHCF. My hair is not in the best shape, but it is improving. I stretched for 16 weeks and grew about 2 inches. I think my cutoff point will be 12 weeks. I did the crochet method twice in the past 5 weeks. I took it down after 3 weeks the first time and did a deep conditioner treatment. I wet my hair almost daily and shampooed atleast once a week. My hair tangled really badly after taking it down both times. So, 12 weeks it is.

It is going to be such a looooong journey to my goal of bra-strap length.

I am going to do daily CO and a deep condition this week, then I will do the crochet method again. Is this too soon?

http://public.fotki.com/matuncks/

Password in profile

don't worry, we all started somewhere :)
im still waiting for all of my hair to reach shoulder length. :mad:

whats the crochet method? :confused:

You're off to a good start. :)

Did Phyto leave your hair soft and smooth? I am always tempted to try it but need scared my hair would get smooth and straight enough. I don't like stick straight, it can have a little wave but not too much...

And yeah, what IS the crochet method?

Synthia said:
You're off to a good start. :)

Did Phyto leave your hair soft and smooth? I am always tempted to try it but need scared my hair would get smooth and straight enough. I don't like stick straight, it can have a little wave but not too much...

And yeah, what IS the crochet method?

The Phyto did leave my hair really smooth and I would say it was soft, after the wash and conditioner. Because it is so straight, it looks as if I don't have any hair at all when it is wet. But what I did notice, and really liked, is that my hair does not have that thin, weak, dry, feeling that immediately breaks after a relaxer. Afterwards, I used Emergencee, EVOO, and NTM conditioner mixture for treatment afterwards, but I keep forgetting that my hair doesn't like too much protein. So that made it feel a bit like brillo. Today, I did the conditioner and EVOO treatment for several hours, rinsed and now air drying. It is much softer. I just need to out grow these horrible ends!

As for the crochet method, I found this here on LHCF. Here's the link from one of the ladies here that finally convinced me. I keep this saved as a favorite. I am an amateur at doing my hair now, but people actually think it is my hair when I'm done. I'll post pics when I do it next time. I purchased the hair from hairfactory.com I want to find out more about the hairlocs method though.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/barbi....photos.yahoo.com/ph/barbie_skipper/my_photos

You have started the process of caring for ur hair, you'll be surprised how fast you see improvement. What do you use/do to maintain your hair on a daily basis?

matuncks said:
The Phyto did leave my hair really smooth and I would say it was soft, after the wash and conditioner. Because it is so straight, it looks as if I don't have any hair at all when it is wet. But what I did notice, and really liked, is that my hair does not have that thin, weak, dry, feeling that immediately breaks after a relaxer. Afterwards, I used Emergencee, EVOO, and NTM conditioner mixture for treatment afterwards, but I keep forgetting that my hair doesn't like too much protein. So that made it feel a bit like brillo. Today, I did the conditioner and EVOO treatment for several hours, rinsed and now air drying. It is much softer. I just need to out grow these horrible ends!

As for the crochet method, I found this here on LHCF. Here's the link from one of the ladies here that finally convinced me. I keep this saved as a favorite. I am an amateur at doing my hair now, but people actually think it is my hair when I'm done. I'll post pics when I do it next time. I purchased the hair from hairfactory.com I want to find out more about the hairlocs method though.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/barbi....photos.yahoo.com/ph/barbie_skipper/my_photos
Congrats on your hair success

As for the crochet method. How did you get the hair to stay in. I was told the hair would not stay in a knot-that it would just slip out. I use to wear them years ago and my hair grew. I just used the really curly braid synthetic hair and that style is so dated now IMO but I would love to do it with regular curly hair and not that curly braid stuff. Please clue me in. Thanks!

ftballwidow said:
Congrats on your hair success

As for the crochet method. How did you get the hair to stay in. I was told the hair would not stay in a knot-that it would just slip out. I use to wear them years ago and my hair grew. I just used the really curly braid synthetic hair and that style is so dated now IMO but I would love to do it with regular curly hair and not that curly braid stuff. Please clue me in. Thanks!

I double knot and sometimes tripple not the hair through. When putting them in, I constantly try to tighten them, gently careful not to pull on my hair. After wetting it, they usually stay in. Very few come out afterwards. I usually keep them in for 3 weeks, mainly because I would miss my hair. Then I deep condition with EVOO, and MNT or NTM conditioner. Then I put them back in. I know it doesn't look neat underneath, but the curls cover up all the mistakes. :grin: I usually leave a little of my hair out in front and braid it up for a curly look. It is quite time consuming to put them in, but with a good movie from Netlix, it's not so bad. I'll post pics when I do it this weekend.

bajanplums1 said:
You have started the process of caring for ur hair, you'll be surprised how fast you see improvement. What do you use/do to maintain your hair on a daily basis?

When I first started, I did the daily CW, with a shampoo and deep conditioner twice a week. When I have it braided, I wet my hair while in the shower everyday because I missed feeling the water in my hair. Then I would spray my hair with a mixture of conditioner and water throughout. I have to add EVOO to this. Every once in awhile, I would spray Biolage leave-in tonic. I would still wash atleast once a week.

Dont worry,
You'll get there. I remember when I started. I was about where youre at now.

I finally reached my first goal which is brastrap length. I dont have pics up yet but I will soon.

I only relax every 15 months. So what I do to prevent my hair from tangles is splitting my hair in 4 sections. Then I braid each section then wash and let it air dry to about 65 to 75 percent. Then I comb through.

When I wear extensions I follow the crown of glory techniuqe. It has worked out really well for me.

I hope this helps.:)

matuncks said:
Hello everyone!

This is my 3 1/2 months point on LHCF. My hair is not in the best shape, but it is improving. I stretched for 16 weeks and grew about 2 inches. I think my cutoff point will be 12 weeks. I did the crochet method twice in the past 5 weeks. I took it down after 3 weeks the first time and did a deep conditioner treatment. I wet my hair almost daily and shampooed atleast once a week. My hair tangled really badly after taking it down both times. So, 12 weeks it is.

It is going to be such a looooong journey to my goal of bra-strap length.

I am going to do daily CO and a deep condition this week, then I will do the crochet method again. Is this too soon?

http://public.fotki.com/matuncks/

Password in profile

Back