First set of braids

Leeda.the.Paladin

Copied and pasted from my blog:

I've been meaning to do a set of braids to see how it would look. I'd planned to try box braids, but I am not good at straight lines so I just fingerparted :P It turned out pretty good. Yesterday, I washed my hair with castile soap, detangled and DC'ed with SitriNillah Deep Conditioning Masque,and put my hair back in a pony to air dry overnight after moisturizing with shea butter. Today I braided it withWhipped Cream and dunk the ends in water to help them curl back up, a helpful tip I learned from LHCF (thanks nonie!) that I also use on my twists.
My only compliant about these is that the back is a little patchy, next time I will have to get another mirror and make sure I'm braiding in the right direction. I can't wait to see the braid out!

th_DSC03752.jpg
th_DSC03743.jpg
th_DSC03753.jpg

th_DSC03761.jpg
th_DSC03754.jpg

Last edited:
I love them, KCcurly! I don't even see the patchiness in the back you are talking about because by finger parting you prevented your scalp from being exposed. :up: A little bonus I discovered when I stopped using a comb to part. Loving the length and hating you a little for it. :look:

Your braids look wonderful and THICK! I finger part as well and I love it. The braid out will is going to be fabulous,

Thank you ladies! I am trying to fight the urge to take them out for the braidout. I'll just keep in mind all the time I've sweat into them

Back