First Run w/ My Sedu Flat Iron (pics too)

againstallodds

My cousin scolded me that I never share anything with LHCF, I honestly felt bad :sad::sad: I primarily post on my blog, nevertheless, here I am, making a solemn promise to share updates more with you ladies, you all gave me my heathly hair start :yep::yep:

Not much is going on with my hair right now, 5 weeks post, just keeping it moisturized but I flat ironed last week for the first time so I have that to share. I'm not a fan of flat ironing my hair; I'm always wary about using direct heat, but I must say I love this iron. I was able to straighten my hair in one pass and my hair felt so good.

I won't be flat ironing frequently but the Sedu is definitely a keeper.

For this wash, I washed my hair with Organix Coconut Milk Shampoo and applied Coconut Milk Conditioner for 5 minutes. After I rinsed out the Coconut Milk conditioner, I applied my now beloved Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Treatment for 5 minutes to smooth and detangle my hair. I just couldn't go through my wash without applying it because after shampooing and applying the conditioner my hair wasn't as soft or tangle free as it usually is. That isn't a negative criticism against the Organix Shampoo and Conditioner though, I've merely washed my hair the PM Super Skinny line for weeks and have grown used to how it leaves my hair feeling. After I rinsed out the Super Skinny Treatment, I applied Roux Porosity Control for one minute, then deep conditioned with GVP version of Nexxus Humectress Conditioner. This was actually my first time using this deep conditioner and debated with myself if I should use it. I deep conditioned under my heating cap for 30 minutes, let my hair cool, and rinsed with cool water. I'm not sure how I feel about the GVP Nexxus Humectress yet. My hair wasn't super soft, it just normal. *Shrugs*

I next applied my usual leave ins and air dried my hair, placing a satin scarf over my shoulders to avoid the risk of breakage with my ends rubbing against my cotton t-shirt. When my hair was about 70% dry, I applied PM Super Skinny serum to small sections and detangled. I let my hair air dry until about 90% and used the blow dryer to dry my damp roots. Once dry, I flat ironed my hair.

DSC01706.jpg
DSC01707.jpg
DSC01709.JPG
DSC02058.jpg
DSC02068.jpg
DSC02061.jpg

Nice blog too BTW :yep:

Thick and Pretty Great job!!

It looks nice, your hair looks healthy. great job!!

You did a great job!!!

Fabulous head of hair! Nice results! :Yep:

Your hair is gorgeous!!

Very nice!!! Thanks for sharing!!!! :yep:

Looks good and I am so feeling your blog title.

Thanks ladies!! :)

Back